Annie Oakley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annie Oakley

This is the project for JGR advanced class. Just took it last week, and had to do some final details on it at home. Got it glued to the backer and the finish sprayed on. In the advanced class the attention to detail is really more involved. From shaping the eye, to pleats in the dress and the face is really involved. I am very pleased with the final result. I highly recommend taking a class from any of our expert intarsia folks. It will take your work to another level.
    Woods used, butternut, walnut, basswood, paduak, cedar, maple, cherry, mahogany, and birch. The eye is a sliver of, holly, koa, and rosewood.
    Almost for got the lips, they are makore.
    Now where to put it?
    Attached Files

That is pretty sucky. I'll send you my address so you can ship it to me and I'll dispose of it for you......LOL Nicely done!
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Wow, The texturing is awesome...!!!
      I especially like the hair...!!!
      Simply wonderful....!!!!
      Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
      No task is too tedious for Art.
      Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
      Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

WOW, love it!

Bob
        Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

[QUOTE=Now where to put it?[/QUOTE]

My living room will be perfect to display it! Don
          Don

Comment

Abso-bloomin-lutely beautiful!

Signed up for next years Iintermediate II and Advanced. Wondering what the projects will be.
            The good woodworker does not craft the wood for honor. He uses his craft to honor the wood.

Comment

Very nice.
              Fran

Comment

Outstanding!
                DeWalt 788

Comment

Very nice!
                  Tammy

Comment

Very nice. Detail is amazing.

Comment

Thanks for all the comments. But much credit goes to JGR who walked us through the shaping of this. We had to have the pattern cut and ready before the class. Then we spent 3 days of shaping it. But now I see the big picture for shaping a face, which is the hardest part. The next one I want to try is a frontal face, the nose will be the tricky part.

Comment

great job all round ,specially like the skin tone and shaping for the face ,youre very lucky to be able to do a class with jgr if i was in america id certainly be doing her classes . maybe something for me to think about
                        Tom

Comment

I would also love to be in one of her classes and I do live in America. But soooo Faaarr away. Maybe a Western class, OK?
                          Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
                          Jean De La Bruyere...

l
                          Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                            Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                            by will8989
                            The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                            Today, 11:10 PM
                          • will8989
                            Reply to Farmers market
                            by will8989
                            Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
                            Today, 10:31 PM
                          • tgiro01
                            Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                            by tgiro01
                            Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
                            Today, 09:38 PM
                          • Linda In Phoenix
                            Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                            by Linda In Phoenix
                            It was a tough choice on the miter gauges---based on recommendations here. I researched the Kreg and the Incra. They were pretty much tied. I let fate decide it. Went into my nearest 2 hardwood stores. #1 sold Kreg, but they were out of stock and didn't know when an order would come in that...
                            Today, 06:47 PM
                          • Linda In Phoenix
                            Reply to Plastic puzzle
                            by Linda In Phoenix
                            Nice puzzle. Go for the gusto---scroll it next time!! Several of the quality brands of blades make blades just for acrylics. With a sharp blade and the right speed it's all good.
                            Today, 06:38 PM
                          Working...
                          X