Only 7 takers since the inlay challenge began

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only 7 takers since the inlay challenge began

Not counting Jim_Mex, there have only been 7 folks who have taken the challenge of making the Duck Inlay.
    I thought more of you were interested in trying inlay.
    I've made this inlay as simple as possible....The challenge is set for Oct. 31st. So let's see what you've got.............
    Inlay challenge
    Last edited by jim_mex; 09-19-2011, 12:24 AM.
    Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
    No task is too tedious for Art.
    Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
    Featherwood Woodcrafts

Well it has been so dang hot in our shops most of us have been laying low. I have every intention of giving it a go this week. If I wanted to be nagged, I'd have a wife...LOL
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Mike,
      The actual cutting time is around 5 or so minutes of cutting time for the first inlay and less for the 2nd, You can do that without breaking much of a sweat...

Hey...I'm duck hunting.....
      Jim

Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
      Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

I think a lot of us are busy with the Holiday stuff already, at least I am. I have two shows I am getting ready for. If this was the beginning of the year, I would give it a go!
        Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

I am interested in doing the challenge, but-- I have been in the shop very little since getting so sick back in April. And it has been so hot, can't work when temp is well over 100 deg. And I do have a few things that have to get done. Maybe in a couple of weeks I will do it.
          Fran

Comment

OK, Jim! I'm in. Just got home and settled in after a week away and having a husband and live-in aunt in the hospital at the same time as well as rehab and moving the aunt into assisted living this week. I think there will be about 15 minutes available for your inlay challenge.

Jan

Comment

Hey Jim - I have an idea!
              We could both rejoin the forum under new names and slot two more in - hehehe!

Thinks , would I really do that ?

You bet!!! LOL!
              Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
              - Albert Einstein

Comment

Jan,
                I feel your pain. I'm living above my dear friend,Don, who just beat cancer for the second time. It can be really hard, but the one thing we have is to bring smiles to those we love. I hope your art can do this for you...

Fran,
                If you do your pattern work , gluing, and sanding in the air conditioning, and only go out to cut, 5 minutes ain't so bad,

Ok Dan,
                I'll let you go til February, then you better get back here and show me some inlay....

Jim,
                I'd never get away with it, people would know my work...

Rock and Scroll people, Rock and Scroll....!!!!!!!
                Jim

Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
                Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Jim, I have the woods selected and the tutorial printed so I can take it into the shop with me. Only problem now is I had an argument with a large dog ( re: recent post). As soon as the dressing is off and the stitches gone it will be the first thing I do.
                  Mick
                  I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. Winston Churchill

Comment

Yea, I read about that Mick...Scary stuff...!!!
                    I've been bit before and I know how the pain lingers.
                    Here's to a quick healing...
                    Jim

Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
                    Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

I will do this for sure. I need to find some good contrasting pieces.

------------Randy
                      "Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

Comment

Next time around I will get in on it Jim. Lot's of things going on here lately. My Mom had knee replacement surgery a couple weeks ago. Trying to get some projects done for other people. Also gearing up for the advanced class with JGR the 2nd week of Oct. I still have to get that project cut before I go. But I really want to get going on that inlay, it looks so cool. So next time around, I will be ready for the challenge.

Comment

No pressure Woodsman...You can do it whenever there's time....I know that story....

What was it in the kinks song, "Art takes time. Time is money. Money's scarce, and that ain't funny".

Maybe I'll repost everyone's ducks after the new year so that late comers can get in......
                          Jim

Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
                          Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

okay, guys, i admit it--i tried it. i thought the pattern was so cool yet sooo simple. i cut it and the "top" part won't fit into the "bottom" part. not sure that's clear but you would think putting them together and cutting a line through them would make them fit together. didn't happen. it appears my table and blade are exactly 90 degrees so i think i must have pushed too hard or the blade wasn't tight enough. i was so disgusted after wasting some nice walnut and sweet gum that i don't want to try again. do ya reckon that was my problem?

Comment

http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/int...tion/40212.htm

Give it another go.
                              "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                              Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X