Intarsia frame ornaments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intarsia frame ornaments

Just finished theses snowmen from the Holiday 2011 CWWC. The pattern is Bruce Worthingtons. I make or buy picture ornaments for my grandchildren's school pictures each year. I have three grandchildren but one is now 20 - so I won't be making any more for him. I make/buy them for my tree and my son's tree. These are made from aspen, red allowood, walnut, fima noses and I painted the earmuffs. I wish now I hadn't painted the earmuffs but. . .I won't redo them.
    Attached Files
    DeWalt 788

They are adorable. You did a beautiful job. I actually like the blue earmuffs. They give them a touch more color while still looking mostly natural. I'll bet the grandkids love to search the tree for their various pictures.

Comment

Very cute! I like the muffs too.
      T
      Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Cute! I'll have to bug Bruce and get the pattern. I have some young grandkids who would love those.

Jan

Comment

Those are really cute.
          "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
          Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Hi Sally,

Those are really cute. The earmuffs are great.
            Denny
            ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Nice ornaments, Sally. Looks like a Christmas project for me. I'll bet the grandkids and the daughter-in-law would love them.
              Mtnman Jim

taking life as it comes and trying to make the best of it

Comment

Sweeeeet even with painted earmuffs, and just because he's 20 doesn't mean he won't be disappointed he doesn't have one. As the song goes "little things mean a lot"......just saying.
                Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

They're gorgeous Sally!
                  Don

Comment

They are so cute! And I agree to wood dog: "Big" children are still children. My 25-year-old son insists on getting "his" advent calendar each year in christmas time. It is a light blue fabric with snowmen stitched on it and a sweetness for each day ... I made it for him when he was three...

Angelika
                    Just living is not enough said the butterfly. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. (Hans Christian Andersen)

Scroll Saw Projects

Comment

Very Nice sally. I love the earmuffs too. These are on my too do list.
                      Have a great day..Teddy

Comment

This is my first post in a long long time, but I just
                        had to say they are great Sally.
                        kevin/pitbull.

Comment

Thank you everyone. It's so nice you've all taken the time to comment! Makes me feel good.
                          DeWalt 788

Comment

Sally, those are fantastic. You did a great job on finishing them up. BEAUTIFUL !
                            PERK

Comment

Snowmen ornaments

Sally, I love them too and the painted earmuffs. Now I have to bug Bruce for the pattern too.... you did a great job on them. What are the little clips called that hold in the back where the picture goes?
                              Jackie

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                                San Antonio Rock N’Roll
                                by will8989
                                Its a marathon not a dance. My 14 year old grandson ran a 8:50 mile in the 10k and finished 150 out of 1550 runners! My 12 year old granddaughter ran a 11:16 mile and came in 661 out of 1600 runners. Beat her mother by 100th of a second! I’m sure Sarah let her cross the line first. Tomorrow is the...
                                Today, 03:05 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Today’s market
                                by will8989
                                I’m toast! All orders picked up, almost everything sold from the table. Did I say something about taking off tomorrow​​​​​? Nope....
                                Today, 02:54 PM
                              • tgiro01
                                Reply to Ornament Exchange 2021
                                by tgiro01
                                I must apologize to everyone on the list. I'm afraid my ornaments will be late. Thursday afternoon, Connie got checked into the hospital with congestive heart failure. Between that and her alzheimers, it has been an interesting couple of days. Once she is released from the hospital, she will go to an...
                                Today, 01:58 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Today’s market
                                by will8989
                                These items, except the Christmas sign, are for 2 orders. Had a tough time this week, that brick wall kept getting in my way! Other than the market, I’m off until Monday! I decided to raise the price of the Christmas sign to $40. Tomorrow will be a heat wave - 45 at 6am! Mostly sunny. We’ll see...
                                Yesterday, 07:49 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Fox Chapel show in May ???
                                by will8989
                                And lots of fun! Really enjoyed the dinners....
                                Yesterday, 07:37 PM
                              Working...
                              X