Which inflatable drum sander to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which inflatable drum sander to buy?

I'm wanting to buy an inflatable drum sander for my intarsia projects. I'm torn between the guinever system and a larger one I found on
    http://tool.wttool.com/tool/Inflatable%20Drum%20Sander

I like the guinever system for the flexible shaft adaptor, but I like the larger drums on the other. Any thoughts?

P.S. I tried the Seyco flex drum sander and I don't care for it, so I don't mind spending the money for something I will like.

If you can't get on the website through the link on my post, go to Wholesale Tool | Industrial Machinery + Tool Supply and search inflatable drum sander.

Comment

I would like to add my own query to the thread started by Nicholas. It is difficult enough to search for Pneumatic sanders without getting hits for air-driven handheld powertools...

I am looking for a bench sander, the type that look like a grinding wheel setup (motor in middle, mounted to stand) with a sanding mop on one side and a pneumatic drum on the other.

I've seen products from:
      Sand-Rite Model DB-612-DLX Pneumatic Drum/Brush Head Sander
      Gruzzly G8749 Drum / Flap Sander
      Woodtek

I've also seen some drum-only offerings that included info on how to modify them to be used in a lathe or drill.

Intarsia seems to be more about sanding technique than cutting (especially when I look at things like the Pointsettia door topper in a recent magazine), yet there don't seem to be any YouTube demos on how to properly shape pieces using pneumatic or other sanders effectively.

So, I too ask, what are the pros/cons of these or any other models? What is the difference in use of a mop vs a wheel of torn sandpaper? I see some with sheets parallel and others perpendicular to the shaft. Which one works better?
      Wouldn't a model like those above that also allowed the mounting of a Wonderwheel or even std disk be a better option vs buying more $300+ tools?

Looking forward to the many replies from all you pneumatic sander users.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Quartz43
        Reply to New tools
        by Quartz43
        I have an implanted spinal cord stimulator to help with back pain. They also have warnings about welding. I could not get one when I was working in an electric furnace steelmaking shop as the electrodes were over 1000 amps and volts. I have also decided to stay away from welding as I just do not...
        Today, 03:40 PM
      • hotshot
        Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
        by hotshot
        You did a great job on that video. You speak and explain well!...
        Today, 02:27 PM
      • RJweb
        Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
        by RJweb
        I am glad it is all working out for you, RJ...
        Today, 01:31 PM
      • Linda In Phoenix
        Shrink wrap systems
        by Linda In Phoenix
        What do you use to shrink wrap, and what do you use it on? Lately in the puzzles section I've seen a couple of you mention shrink wrapping. I've considered such a leap. Even though the basics are all similar from manufacturer to manufacturer, it's still leaves some questions. Maybe others have...
        Today, 11:51 AM
      • Linda In Phoenix
        Reply to Sundays market
        by Linda In Phoenix
        Brrrr. Glad you got to sell a little. I miss the people interaction. A lot. I hope you found some pretty pieces of wood at the store!
        Today, 11:39 AM
      Working...
      X