• Show
Clear All

• Daryl185
    replied
    very nice work, the contrats are very good

Leave a comment:

• minowevie
    replied
    Sawdustus. I thought so. the saying is scrolled too. now that was a fun thing. you mastered that well too. and so small. cool. I am proud of you. good job. your friend Evie

Leave a comment:

• Powakee
    replied
    Sawdustus ~
    That's some nice creative combining and cutting. I like the saying that goes with it - the whole piece brings on a sense of tranquility.

John
    of the desert

Leave a comment:

• sawdustus
    replied
    sawdustus of hiawatha

Thank you all for the nice comments. They are really appreciated. Evie, the saying was scrolled and says - Find joy in being together - that's what was on the original and what my cousins liked so much.

Sawdustus

Leave a comment:

• Back2Jake
    replied
    Very Nice!!! I love the lines to the loons.

Take care
    Toni

Leave a comment:

• minowevie
    replied
    Sawdustus. nice work. I notice there is some righting on it too. is it scrolled?
    Very Very nice.
    Evie

Leave a comment:

• ozarkhillbilly
    replied
    Well done! Now that you have the picture posting figured out, please share some more with us!

Leave a comment:

• pete00
    replied
    thats pretty cool, i like it.......

Leave a comment:

• Marcel in Longueuil
    replied
    Very well done!

That is really nice cutting.

Regards,
    Marcel

Leave a comment:

• sawdustus
    started a topic sawdustus of hiawatha

sawdustus of hiawatha

I have been a member since June and this is my 1st attempt at sending a picture of my work. Cousins of ours saw a picture I scrolled for my wife and I from a design by Floyd Jensen and Rick Parsons but wanted a pair of loons facing each other along with the sentiment instead of the leaping dolphins in the original. They picked the loon from a Patrick Spielman book of patterns. It took longer to lay out and design the pattern than to cut it, but what else is new. I cut it on my 18" Delta Q3 model 40-650, using a # 5 spiral blade for the waves ( it allowed me to cut each wave in one pass) and a #2 reverse tooth blade for the rest. It is a very aggressive but variable speed saw but after 7 years of using it I have a reasonable amount of control (most of the time). The picture is cut in 1/8 walnut then glued to a 1/8 birch ply backer. The picture is 22" x 7.5" and the frame is shop made from 3/4 x 1 walnut scraps (of course) from another project. The finish is both sprayed on and wiped on gloss poly.

loon 2.jpg

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X