Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ibcallus
    replied
    Hi again Bluebird, just scooted over to see how your cat and dog was coming along and seeing it i agree with all the other comments it is absolutely beautiful brilliant and superb what a wonderful present that will be, very well done,

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Henri, I thought the Lucille Crabtree rose was amazing when you did it. This project is even more amazing. Just beautiful! Now, if I could get you and Janette in the same area for a year or so I could maybe learn to do intarsia.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Janette
    replied
    You should be very proud of your finished piece Henriette! Isn't it rewarding to bring animals to life in wood! Especially when they're someone's beloved pets. Truly a work of art.

Leave a comment:

• Lou
    replied
    Absolutely stunning, Henri! I am in awe! That piece has so much life! I love how alive the dog looks and you've captured the safe and content mood of the cat that was evident in the photograph. It's no wonder this thread has so many comments. This masterpiece certainly deserves every one of them and many more!

Lou

Leave a comment:

• mtnman
    replied
    TOTALLY AWESOME! You do such beautiful work! Seeing how an expert approaches and creates a masterpiece is such a good lesson for a beginner like me. Thanks for allowing us to see how your creative juices flow.

Leave a comment:

• jim_mex
    replied
    Hi Henri - great job!

Definitely gets 3 wuffs and a 3 me-ows from me!
    There's going to be a pair of very pleased owners receiving this piece.

Thanks for showing the progress photo's. They really give an insight into how to tackle this type of project

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    Thank you Tony, Frieke, Marshall, Anneh,Jerry and Theresa!
    @Jerry: glad to hear it was helpful to have the WIP pics and comments. I took so many pictures and only share a few, not knowing what could be interesting or not. We all work differently and I keep adjusting the way I make intarsia year after year due to great information sharing on this forum.

Have a great day all... now I can't wait to see the future owners reaction when they get their piece!

Leave a comment:

• tony coleman
    replied
    fantastic piece henriette,
    now hasnt all that time and work been worth it,well done

Leave a comment:

• frieke
    replied
    Awesome work, you've done a great job on it! I like the colors and the finish.

Leave a comment:

• marshall
    replied
    A good likeness , looks real good ..........your just good at this ......

Leave a comment:

• Anneh
    replied
    Absolutely great! Love it!
    Anne

Leave a comment:

• dedijerry
    replied
    Wow! I don't really have the words. Amazing, beautiful, outstanding it shows that you truly love what you are doing... I'm in awe... only 40-50 hrs? What a great thread I've learned much from following it! Thanks for sharing!
    Jerry

Leave a comment:

• Forester21
    replied
    Fantastic job Henriette!!
    T

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    Got it done! Thank you all for your support... I have done it in almost one month... or 40-50 hours of work?? (I haven't count my time precisely).

The back board & floor are one piece of wood. We used a router around the edges of the board. Then I painted the edge black as plywood edge is not really nice to see.

First pic is before the finish. Second pic is with spray finish on. Still need to sand a little and apply last coat but it won't change its appearance.

Hope you like it. I do
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• saw dust
    replied
    You are doing a great job Henriette. Am looking forward to seeing the completed projects.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X