Starting a new project - Lola & Moustique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting a new project - Lola & Moustique

This is a project I have designed earlier this year and that is now on my workbench as I have just started the cutting and some shaping.

Made the custom pattern based on the dog (Lola) and cat (Moustique) picture below... I can tell you up front that the cat will be my greatest challenge (or biggest fear) as it is soooo small compare to the dog. Also, because this is my first custom cat design. I just wish I had half of Janette's experience in this matter.

Now that I have started the cutting, I can't believe I did this design with so many "WWWW" I presented the design to my client and we agreed on it, so it's too late for me to make any "significant" change to it. Oh well, I have to assume my mistakes! I just hope I will remember this, when I do my next design.

Yesterday, I spent about 5 hours on the cat face trying to shape it correctly... When I make something for the first time, I must admit I am very slow. Sanding too much is so easy and I just hate to re-cut any piece!
    I took my first WIP picture to share with you. I left my STAEDTLER eraser there so you can appreciate the size of the cat. Your comments are welcome as always. Any input, including moral support, is appreciated
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bluebird; 05-03-2010, 06:56 AM. Reason: Changing title from "starting" to "finished"
    Henriette

"People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be"
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    HCorbeil Wood Mosaics web page

Hi Henri - looking forward to seeing this one progress.
    Despite the challenge you've given yourself with this project it certainly looks like you are off to a good start so my input is limited to moral support.

How's about ....
    'Go, Henri, go!'
    Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
    - Albert Einstein

Comment

Watch out Janette, Henri is giving you a run for the money! Great job and great design. I look forward to tracking your progress. I'll join Jim in being your cheering section.

'Go, Henri, go!'
      Lewis
      A day without sunshine is like, night

http://lewis-intarsia.blogspot.com/
      http://picasaweb.google.com/intarsiatore/IntarsiaGallery

Comment

Wow that is going to be some project, thanks for the wip, and the memory of our dog like yours when I was a kid. German Police is it not?
        Will you be doing just the faces or the whole animals?
        Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

That's a lovely cat. You do beautiful work. Is there going to be a dog in that project?

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by Wood Dog View Post
            ... German Police is it not?
            Will you be doing just the faces or the whole animals?
            Yes I think it is a German Shepard dog... and don't ask about the cat breed, I have no clue. For me, she is a black & white cat

and the project is both animals, doing the full body like on the picture. The overall project dimensions are 24 in wide X 18 in tall.

@ Jim and Lewis: thanks for the moral support. You guys make me laugh... this is great as a stress relief!!

"Henri"
            Henriette

"People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be"
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            HCorbeil Wood Mosaics web page

Comment

Go Henri, Go
              That is small, but you are handling it great. Waiting for more pictures.
              Fran

Comment

Very nice pattern Henri. Your work is always A-One! Looking forward to moer pictures, and am going to join the cheering section.

'Go, Henri, go!'
                Dennis

Comment

'Go, Henri, go!'
                  "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                  Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

The cat looks great to me, can't wait to see more!

GO, Henri , Go

Just jump in your shop and go for some more sawdust
                    Frieke
                    www.friewoodart.webs.com

Visit Frieke's gallery

Don't let the pain of your past and the fear of your future ruin the happiness of your present.

Comment

Looks very good so far.
                      Mike

Comment

You're off to a great start. Can't wait to see the finished picture.

'Go, Henri, go!'
                        Eric

Liberty Twp (Cincinnati), OH

If today were perfect, there would be no need for tomorrow!

Comment

Wow, if the rest is going to be like the beginning, this is going to be one awesome project, what did you use to make you're design, a picture of it would be nice and what woods are you using, inquiring minds would like to know?

Comment

Go, Henri, go!'
                            Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
                            Jean De La Bruyere...

l
                            Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Go, Henri, go!!!
                              A clean house is a sign of a broken scroll saw!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X