Latest intarsia- Bear Cub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest intarsia- Bear Cub

It has been a while since I posted a picture... not that I didn't want to share but I have been taking it very slowly since January on intarsia. I needed a break after being in a hurry for all the Christmas gifts! Only did 3 projects in the first 3 months!

This little bear is for a friend. She has a "bear" theme in her bathroom. Previously, I made her the polar bear mom and baby on a piece of ice. This time, she picked this JGR pattern (22 x 12", 39 pcs).

Wood used: Cedar and Blue pine for the tree. Peruvian Walnut, Butternut, Beech and Santos rosewood (nose). I used a thick wire brush wheel to do his fur since I don't have a wonder wheel. You can see it better on the close-up picture. I kind of happy with the end result.
    Attached Files
    Henriette

"People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be"
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    HCorbeil Wood Mosaics web page

WOW Henriette you should be happy with the end result......he looks awesome. Love the texture of his body, and those eye are so expressive. Luck friend you have. Sweeeeeet
    Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

The bear's adorable. Lovely work, Henriette.

Jan

Comment

That's a lovely piece, Henriette. You and the wire brush did a great job with the texturing. He really looks furry.

Nice to see something from you, although I can well understand the need for a vacation!

Lou
        www.woodbylouise.ca

Comment

Another very nice piece of work Henriette. Thank you for the info on using the wire wheel to get the textured look, that will come in handy I am sure. This is a much better bear than the one that stood between you and your work shop right.
          Dennis

Comment

Beautiful work, Henriette. You did a great job with the wire wheel, the fur looks so real.
            Fran

Comment

Very nice piece, your friend should be pleased.
              Marsha
              LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

Comment

Great job Henri! I love the texture. As always, your work is inspiring.
                Lewis
                A day without sunshine is like, night

http://lewis-intarsia.blogspot.com/
                http://picasaweb.google.com/intarsiatore/IntarsiaGallery

Comment

Amazing and soooo cute! Very nicely done, I love it!
                  Frieke
                  www.friewoodart.webs.com

Visit Frieke's gallery

Don't let the pain of your past and the fear of your future ruin the happiness of your present.

Comment

Originally posted by saw dust View Post
                    This is a much better bear than the one that stood between you and your work shop right.
                    LOL Dennis, you are so right! This one doesn't scare me at all as oppose to the one sneaking my garbage can!!

As an "out of topic comment" : The ice on our lake melted away last night! We have been here for 15 years and this is the earliest Spring we have ever seen!! Usually, the ice goes away between mid April and first week of May. Can't complain... welcome Spring!!!
                    Henriette

"People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be"
                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                    HCorbeil Wood Mosaics web page

Comment

Wonderful job.
                      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

What a great job, you made it come alive,EXCELLENT.

Mike

Comment

Lovely! I know what you mean about having a slow time after Christmas. I've had a hard time getting back to the shop. Oh well. . . it will come.
                          DeWalt 788

Comment

What a sweet face! I love the texturing you did.
                            Janette
                            www.square-designs.com

Comment

I love it! Perfect wood choice and I love the texturing! Maybe someday I'll get brave enough to try it. Maybe you'd give us some "how-to's" for it? Hint! Hint! Is it just a wire brush or does it go on a power tool? And no - I'm not a natural blonde! Just mentally challenged! Hee Hee!
                              Anne
                              Anneh

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X