Shaping progress on Winnie the pooh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaping progress on Winnie the pooh

Hi, I am currently doing a Winnie the Pooh for a new born (the boy is not born yet!)
    The baby shower party is on Aug 8 so I still have some time ahead to complete it and the future mom is preparing the baby's room with Winnie(s) so I think she will be pleased with one more.

I am currently at the shaping stage. Took some pics today to better see where I need to sand more... After looking at the pics, I figured I needed to round the legs a little more and change the nose as I find this one a bit too flat.
    I am hoping to finish the sanding tomorrow... stay tuned!
    Attached Files
    Henriette

"People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be"
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    HCorbeil Wood Mosaics web page

Looking good Henriette. saw dust
    Dennis

Comment

Hi Henriette,

Shaping looks really good. What a great pattern. What is the size of the project?
      Denny
      ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Your shaping is awesome!!
        Janette
        www.square-designs.com

Comment

Hi Henriette,

Your Winnie the Pooh is cute!

Comment

Nice work!

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
            After looking at the pics, I figured I needed to round the legs a little more and change the nose as I find this one a bit too flat.
            Oh, Bother!
            Shawn Ferguson

Come visit at The Ferguson Puzzle Company !

Comment

Adorable....
              "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
              Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Very very cute. She will love it.
                DeWalt 788

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Oaks View Post
                  ... What a great pattern. What is the size of the project?
                  @Denny: I made it 14 inches high by 6.75 inches wide. I used a coloring book image of Winnie that I found on internet to make the pattern.

To help me with shaping, I printed a colored picture of Winnie that shows really well the 3D. His face is challenging! Based on your comments, it looks like I have done the right things! Thanks!!
                  I re cut a new "thicker brown nose" to give me more "meat" to shape. We'll see how this goes.
                  Henriette

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Comment

That looks great you are gonna make the mom very happy

Jerry

Comment

I love it Henriette, but now I'll be humming that song all day!

Jerry
                      The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Comment

Hi Henri - Lovely job and what other comment could I make but this:-

You're are definitely the bee's knees when it comes to shaping Pooh! -
                        Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
                        - Albert Einstein

Comment

Really nice job on the shaping. It is going to be sooooo cute when you are finished.
                          Fran

Comment

Great job Henriette. He looks spot on. I'm with Jerry though, I have that tune stuck in my head now and it won't go away!!
                            Dragyn (Oh my! Another Mike! )

It's a good thing my head is attached to my ... ... Has anyone seen my head?!?

Comment

It's good to be back with you here... family members were visiting us and they just left this morning. Despite the fact that we had a great time, I have missed you and my woodwork
                              As I said, I changed the little brown nose for a thicker piece and ... I am much happier with the result!!! Clicked a pic for you this morning. Winnie is now assembled and has only one coat of gel varnish on it. More spray varnish coats to come before we wrap it. Glad he will be "on time" for the party this coming Saturday!
                              Attached Files
                              Henriette

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X