Pink version of apple bossom & humming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pink version of apple bossom & humming

Just thought I would share with you my recent "pink flower" version of my "Apple blossom & hummingbird pattern"... I used Bubinga for the flowers this time. Much harder to shape & sand then pine, but I think its worth it.
    I am also posting the "white flower" version picture so you can compare both.

In this pink version, I used "morado" for the branch (instead of cherry wood). I love that wood!

Comments are welcome. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bluebird; 08-06-2009, 11:36 PM.
    Henriette

"People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be"
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    HCorbeil Wood Mosaics web page

Awesome Henriette! Love the pattern and your choice of wood. Just beautiful!!!
    -- Rick --

Comment

Outstanding. I like both of them but the pink flowers are wonderful.
      DeWalt 788

Comment

Hi Henriette,
        Both are absolutely stunning. The colors are terrific. What a great pattern. I know Fran said I was stuck on birds, but I sure would like to do that pattern. Your friend.
        Denny
        ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

beautiful work Henriette. Love the wood selection and the bubinga sets off the flowers nicely!
          Dragyn (Oh my! Another Mike! )

It's a good thing my head is attached to my ... ... Has anyone seen my head?!?

Comment

Henriette
            Great work. Cannot say I like one better than the other both are excellent.
            Pete

Comment

Very, very nice Henriette. I like them both but the "pink" one really is great. I Hope to be able to such nice work one of these days. saw dust
              Dennis

Comment

Well done Henriette you should be real proud of both of them. I also like them both. The two woods you mention are not ones that I am familiar with but I will be on the look out for them in the future. I like to experiment with different woods.
                Ned

Comment

Outstanding....So lifelike....
                  "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                  Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Just send me whichever one you like the least Henriette although I'd have to hide it from my daughters to keep it. I have a soft spot for hummers anyway but both those are beautiful. Pat
                    Woodworking is Therapy.... some of us need more therapy than others.

Comment

These are both gorgeous! I'd have a really difficult time picking one over the other. Great job!
                      Anne
                      Anneh

Comment

Thanks guys and girls :-)
                        I'll let you know how it goes at the show this week-end... but they will only see the pink version as I already gave the white one to a friend.
                        Henriette

"People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be"
                        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                        HCorbeil Wood Mosaics web page

Comment

Gorgeous, Henriette! Both are beautifully cut and shaped and the wood choices are excellent! Man, I'd hate to pick a favourite, but I think perhaps the white blossoms. My apple tree had its first blooms this year and they're almost pure white as opposed to the pinky white so many of them are. Love the tiny feet! Must have been really fun cutting those!

Lou
                          www.woodbylouise.ca

Comment

Both are beautiful, but the pink one just reaches out and grabs you.

Denny, I think it is fine to be stuck on birds. Some people do dogs, some cats, wildlife, so it is just a preference of a person.
                            Fran

Comment

Beautiful work! I really like the pink flowers.
                              T
                              Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Daddy's scroller
                                Reply to Oranment exchange
                                by Daddy's scroller
                                Scott I also received my package from you. Thank you so much. I like also like to see what Santa brought me. My tree has nothing on it but all the homemade ornaments I have received over the years....
                                Today, 07:17 PM
                              • Daddy's scroller
                                by Daddy's scroller
                                Thank you Jim I got my package from you today. That was a great idea. It's already on my tree
                                Today, 07:14 PM
                              • Jim Finn
                                Reply to Train set
                                by Jim Finn
                                Today, we made our December delivery of toys to our local children's hospital, Ronald McDonald House, and The Salvation Army of 1,912 toys. Including 27 of these trains.That makes a total of 4,112 for 2019. About a thousand less than our best years but not too shabby. (Two of our main club contributors...
                                Today, 06:06 PM
                              • Jim McDonald
                                by Jim McDonald
                                Scott, thanks a bunch for a great surprise.
                                Today, 05:46 PM
                              • Rolf
                                by Rolf
                                I am sorry that I did not participate the last few years. I am like a little kid waiting for the mailman every day waiting to see what Santa sent me.
                                Dave Thank you so much for organizing this.
                                Today, 03:00 PM
                              Working...
                              X