Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 more: a guitar hero, a bird and some dolphins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 more: a guitar hero, a bird and some dolphins...

Three totally different projects freshly completed as promised in my previous thread!

#1 Rock star guitar hero: Any Wii (or play station)Guitar Hero fan at home? They will love this one for sure. Used Oak and Bloodwood for the guitar, stained Wild cherry for the hair, Walnut, Poplar and Basswood for the man. At first, I had planned to make the hair out of red cedar, but with the little points I realized it would be too easy to break them during sanding. Therefore I changed it to a harder wood and didn't have any of the color I was looking for (wanted a good contrast with the guitar) so I stained it. [Pattern is from "intarsiaplans.com" ]

#2 Remember my cardinals pair sign? I came up with 2 separate patterns for the female and the male cardinal with dogwoods. This is the female version. The male is still at the "shaping stage". Wood used: Spruce, Poplar and Wenge for flowers and branches, Maple, Padauk, Cedar, Blue pine and Basswood for the bird. The dark brown area around the beak is burned Maple. Feet are in Wenge. [My pattern].

#3 Dolphins: Very good pattern for beginners, only 12 pieces, nothing small and easy to fit and shape. Wood used: Blue pine and Basswood. Used wood burner to make to eyes. [JGR pattern]
    Attached Files
    Henriette

"People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be"
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    HCorbeil Wood Mosaics web page

At last - a funny pattern! Great showing Henriette! - I was beginning to think Intarsia artists only chose serious subjects - excepting of course for Roger's frogs - LOL!
    Your guitar hero sure is amusing!

All good stuff but for me the dolphins, however simple. still have a lot of appeal - and this time I have the blue pine to make them

Now can you go and take up cross-stitch or something for a while and give us mere mortals a chance to catch up.....

Have a good weekend!
    Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
    - Albert Einstein

Comment

Those are just fabulous Henriette!Love the way you signed the guitar,that was a nice touch.

Jerry C
      The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Comment

Hi Henriette - Your work is wonderful! You are very talented indeed!!!
        -- Rick --

Comment

Great pieces Henriette. The dolphins was one of the first pieces I did. It was a class project and I did it in cedar - then gave it away. But I love it in blue pine - I think I'll make another. I just finished JGR Cardinal and dogwood and I'll post it as soon as the finish dries. Yours is more realistic. My sister picked the JGR pattern and I'm making it for her. I just love sharing and seeing others work on this forum! Sally
          DeWalt 788

Comment

Wonderful pieces, Henriette! The guitar player is super. I've been meaning to make this one for my guitar-playing hub for some time. You may have just inspired me to get to it! I LOVE the colour of the hair!

The cardinal is adorable and what a great idea to use your lovely design in this way, separating the two birds. You will have three great patterns now from your original design. I love the colours you used for the female.

The dolphins are always a great piece. It's so much fun to shape. It was one of my first pieces too. The blue pine was a perfect choice. It's just the right colour. Nice eye detail.

Great work, as always.

Lou
            www.woodbylouise.ca

Comment

They all look great. I especially love the guitar--man. David
              My grandbabies are what keep me going

Comment

Great job on all of them, thanks for sharing your talent.
                "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Hi Henriette,

All three are fantastic. I would like to do the Dolphins, but I need to get Blue Pine first. The Cardinal is just super. Now where can I get your patterns?
                  Denny
                  ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Beautiful job on the Cardinal, love all those colors.

Judy
                    J L Wood Design

Comment

supper nice, your friend Evie

Comment

Beautiful work, that cardinal looks lifelike!
                        Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

I'm with David on this one. The guitar pattern flat out ROCKS!!! I love it!!!!!! The others are good but I'd hang the Rock Star in my music room for sure. Thanks for the pictures.

Andy
                          Shoot for the moon. If you miss you'll be headed for a star! www.80artdesigns.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Oaks View Post
                            The Cardinal is just super. Now where can I get your patterns?
                            Denny, I sell my own patterns. All you have to do is to drop me an email, and I'll give you the details. My email is [email protected]. Thanks for your interest!
                            Henriette

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Comment

Originally posted by jim_mex View Post
                              [B]Now can you go and take up cross-stitch or something for a while and give us mere mortals a chance to catch up.....
                              LOL Jim. Yes I will slow down, I have had many projects in WIP before the froggie challenge that I finally finished. Now have to get ready for the next wave so you won't get any pics from me for a while, I promise

And I would like to say thank you for everyone's comment... Always nice to see which pieces are more popular. We'll see how it goes at the show this summer!
                              Henriette

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X