My latest- Apple blossom & hummingbird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest- Apple blossom & hummingbird

Just finished this new piece for a friend of mine. Dimension is about 8.5 x 10.5 in. Wood used are green poplar for leaves, cherry for branches, pau amarello & white piece of cedar and some spruce for the flowers, maple, poplar, bloodwood, basswood, European walnut and American walnut for the birdie.

3 other projects are at the "finishing application stage"....more pics to come over the week-end
    Attached Files
    Henriette

"People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be"
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    HCorbeil Wood Mosaics web page

How pretty Henriette. love the way you chose your wood colors, and use of the grains. nice project indeed. looks real . your friend Evie

Comment

Ok Ok OK, everyone QUIT posting all of these pictures! Your work looks outstanding, and it seems like everyone is getting so much done, and its like I'm spinning my wheels!
      Seriously though, your hummingbird looks awesome, and the blossoms... flawless!
      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Henriettte
        That is beautiful. Your cutting and choice of woods is flawless.
        Dave
        "Tight's tight, too tight's broken"

My Gallery

Comment

Three more to come?IF you run out of friends,I'll be one!

That is SO beautiful!!I can't even think of another praise that would do that piece justice!

Jerry C
          The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Comment

That hummer is stunning....Nice ....No great job!
            "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
            Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

WOW Beautiful beautiful work. Wasn't someone complaining about froggie toes recently???? I'd sure hate to try and cut those hummer toes. Pat
              Woodworking is Therapy.... some of us need more therapy than others.

Comment

Hi Henriette
                Beautiful job. Your choice of woods is perfect and you cutting and layout is spectacular.
                Mike
                "Why buy it if you can build it"
                www.midlothianwoodworks.com
                My Blog --
                http://midlothianwoodworks.wordpress.com/
                My CustomMade Page
                http://www.custommade.com/by/mikemathieu/

Comment

Super good job Henriette!
                  -- Rick --

Comment

That is one of the best humming bird patterns that I have seen. Is it your own design?

Beautiful job, by the way.
                    Rolf
                    RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

You guys are so funny... yep, those little feet are the worst part of this piece but I did not struggle too much with them cause I could sand (with my Dremel) any area easily because of their shape.
                      I will pass you appreciation on the cutting to my hubby...he did it all (as he does now for most of my projects)! He is faster and much better then me at the saw and it gives us the opportunity to work together!

This is my design or I should say my "layout" cause I used a JGR hummingbird to start with (in one of her book). I modified the bird a little and added the apple blossom.
                      for your comments!
                      Henriette

"People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be"
                      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                      HCorbeil Wood Mosaics web page

Comment

Hi Henriette,

That is a beautiful piece. I love hummingbirds and that is a great design. The colors are outstanding.
                        Denny
                        ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Outstanding . After doing the froggie I can appreciate the time and energy you put into it .
                          Roger

Comment

Just lovely, Henriette, as always! You did a wonderful revision to the design. I like it much better than the original! I adore apple blossoms since I was born and raised in apple-growing country. The blossoms are just beginning to burst into bloom now, and with the heat wave we're experiencing, they'll be perfect over the weekend (a week before the festival, of course!)

Great wood choices, as usual, hubby cut well, and you did your always great job of shaping. Looking forward to whatever comes next.

Lou
                            www.woodbylouise.ca

Comment

Beautiful job! I love the dimension you give your projects.
                              Theresa
                              Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X