A hummingbird and a rooster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A hummingbird and a rooster

Been playing with a bit of woodburning lately, after I followed the "Winter Birdhouse Woodburning Tutorial" , by Susan Irish on the other forum... I don't find it easy to do but I like to explore the woodburning / intarsia combination potential.

Here are my latest 2 projects showing my attempt with the wood burner. Hope you enjoy. Any comments/suggestion to improve are welcome.
    Attached Files
    Henriette

"People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be"
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    HCorbeil Wood Mosaics web page

Only one thing to say Henriette.....

W O W !!!
    Janette
    www.square-designs.com

Comment

The hummingbird is sooo pretty, and the rooster is fantastic, but that is one wild tail he has there!!!

Great work!
      Dragyn (Oh my! Another Mike! )

It's a good thing my head is attached to my ... ... Has anyone seen my head?!?

Comment

Hi Henriette,

I agree, WOW. I especially like the Hummingbird. Wood burning and intarsia really work well together.
        Denny
        ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Henriette
          They are both beautiful! I especially like the Hummingbird. The wood burning enhances the Intarsia nicely.
          Dave
          "Tight's tight, too tight's broken"

My Gallery

Comment

G'day Henriette,
            I was going to say, what a fantastic Rooster with a super tail, then I had a look at the Hummingbird and all I can say is Ripper Job.
            Two extraordinary pieces.
            Regards
            John
            "The Golden Mile"

“In my acting, I have to identify with something in the character. The big tough boy on the side of right—that’s me. Simple themes. Save me from the nuances. All I do is sincerity, and I’ve been selling the hell out of that ever since I started.
            John Wayne
            Some of my Stuff
            Retired Medically Unfit Police Officers ***.

Comment

Beautiful work on both birds! The woodburning is a nice touch to the intarsia.
              Theresa
              Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

I really like your woodburning, and I LOVE that flower!! Both are very nice. Also, the roosters feet, they look so realistic! great job.
                Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Absolutely beautiful Henriette!

Two stunning pieces!

As for suggestions for improvements - you gotta be joking!

Now please do me a favour and explain how you got that fine veining effect on the humming bird project leaves to look so great ... I really, really like that piece!

...and if you do something like this again (please) can you show lots of work-in-progress foties...

Wonderful!
                  Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
                  - Albert Einstein

Comment

very nice work thanks for sharing.
                    merry

Comment

Wow! Very beautiful pieces, both of them. I think you've got it down pat.
                      Sherri

Comment

I'm with Jim and would like to know about the leaves on the hummingbird. Such an amazing piece.

Mike

Comment

Hey Mike - I couldn't help but notice your town location - does that make you bias towards 'Bluebird's' work? - LOL!
                          Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
                          - Albert Einstein

Comment

Those are really nice, Henriette. The colors and workmanship was great to start with, but the added touch with the woodburner makes it really stand out. Now, guess I will have to give that a try.
                            Fran

Comment

Beautiful work. I love the woodburning. Just right, not over done. I'm going to go read the woodburning tutorial right now. Thanks, Sally
                              DeWalt 788

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X