No announcement yet.

Inlay coasters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful work Dale. The only issue is that they are too nice to put drinks on
    Zohar - probably the only one.

Living well is the best revenge

Visit my gallery

Book Reviews: http://www.ManOfLaBook.com

Comment

Thanks for the finish info Lucky, and the pattern too. I will certainly drop Kathy Ro a thanks for the drawing.
      BTW if anyone needs a pattern calculator to resize the photo as Dale suggested there is a great little program written by KtownScroller that does a super fine quick job at finding the % to print it out. Here is the link for the free program.
      http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/inf...ange/19308.htm
      Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

A Big Pat On The Back ! ! !

I don't how I missed this post Dale , but WOW these are real sharp horse coasters . So pretty I probably wouldn't use them except for company , just great in my book ..for sharing ! .......Marshall
        Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

Comment

Wow Dale those are some really nice coasters, very well done your can be rightly proud for your work.
          sigpic: Dan US Navy PR1 (Ret)
          To all who serve or have served, Thank you
          Well I am the worlds greatest scroller at my house.

Comment

Really nice Dale!! My cousin who owns a horse ranch would love those.

I was just looking at an inlay set for my router but it had to go way down the list for now. I really want to try that someday.
            Terry

http://www.scrollsawer.com/gallery/s...0/ppuser/12859

The Hurrier I go, the Behinder I get!!

Comment

Nice work Dale! Walnut on red oak is my favorite combination. Those inlays are perfect!

John

Comment

Originally posted by tstagman View Post
                Really nice Dale!! My cousin who owns a horse ranch would love those.

I was just looking at an inlay set for my router but it had to go way down the list for now. I really want to try that someday.
                Thanks Terry. You dont need a router, or no expensive jigs or templates to do nice inlays. Just tip your saw table a couple degrees and stack the inlay wood with the wood its to be inlaid into, and scroll around it. The one piece will perfectly match the opening it needs to fit into. It really isnt as hard as one would suspect.The hard part is getting the saw bevel set right so one piece fits up into the other at the right height.
                Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

I’m new to scroll sawing.. anyone know if there are detailed instructions or videos showing how to make these…. There were some basic instructions on the original post but a little to basic for newbie…. I love the coaster style but I’m not sure about some of the basic instructions…. Any help is appreciated.

my only projects thus far were basic and attached below…
                  C23EDE82-965A-4C8B-B066-61B392ED5EBF.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Jgdski View Post
                    I’m new to scroll sawing.. anyone know if there are detailed instructions or videos showing how to make these…. There were some basic instructions on the original post but a little to basic for newbie…. I love the coaster style but I’m not sure about some of the basic instructions…. Any help is appreciated.

my only projects thus far were basic and attached below…
                    C23EDE82-965A-4C8B-B066-61B392ED5EBF.jpg
                    It would be good to start a new thread. You might get better responses. Check at the top of the topic section, there is a sticky primer about inlay.
                    Denny
                    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Wow, this thread is about 13 years old, 🙂 As Denny noted, it might be better to start a new thread. 🙂

I know Jim Finn on here does a lot of excellent Inlay work. I also know he has some written materials on doing them, but a quick search didn’t turn it up and I’ve never know. (Or have forgotten if I did) how to tag someone on this forum to tag Jim.

There is this article from the magazine which did show on a quick search.
                      https://scrollsawer.com/2017/11/08/e...ay-techniques/

and this video by Dave Monk also showed up. Dave does great work.

https://www.scrollsawvillage.com/art...aw-inlay-r102/
                      Last edited by meflick; 01-15-2022, 05:56 PM.
                      Melanie from East TN

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X