colored sand inlay technique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colored sand inlay technique

Chase Smeeks has a new way of doing intarsia. It is called sand inlay technique.
    Here are a few pictures he sent me.

Mike M
    SD Mike

I met Chase on another forum the other day.....Turns out he's originally from a little town about six miles from me....how's that for coincidence!!
    If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

I have seen that tecnique before and was going to give it a tr. I even bought a whole bunch of colored sand. Will try it when and if I ever get things wraped up this year. Man I am slow.
      John T.

Comment

How is the sand glued in the fretwork? thinned white glue?

David

David Griffin
        Tuliptree Craft
        s

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
          Reply to Cutting Air
          by will8989
          So pretty. Like Linda said, first of many projects! Enjoy those sweet babies.
          Today, 08:24 AM
        • hotshot
          Reply to Cutting Air
          by hotshot
          Final Display From Shower:

Today, 08:15 AM
        • will8989
          Reply to Rikon Air Cleaner
          by will8989
          He did therapy for 4 weeks then at home for another 2 to get his legs ready for the surgery. The therapist called today her first inhome appointment is Thursday. Hopefully the other knee will be within a few weeks. He has an amazing resolve so I expect him not to need the walker or cane in 2 weeks....
          Today, 08:04 AM
        • cwmagee
          Reply to Rikon Air Cleaner
          by cwmagee
          I wish Bruce a speedy recovery. If his recovery is similar as that of a friend he will be up and around in no time at all. My friends is over weight and had both knees done 5 days apart. Physical therapy helpd alot.
          Yesterday, 08:47 PM
        • Tango
          Reply to rbi Hawk scroll saw spring
          by Tango
          I had to replace the motor on my Hawk that we purchased new in 2002. I just called up Hawk & they had me send them my motor the power switch. He needed to collaborate the new motor and to my power switch. The new motor was sent back with in the week. I did this back in 2018 and it was a little...
          Yesterday, 04:06 PM
        Working...
        X