Brad Nail tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brad Nail tip

I got tired of trying to nail those tiny little brads in clock faces and whacking my finger, getting it started crooked or having them just do what ever they wanted versus what I wanted. I do not have the most sensitive fingers being a rock climber AND a wood worker so I thought about this, I tried using a pair of needlenose pliers but the dang thing kept slipping around. Soooo I took a cheapo pair of needle nose pliers, put the nose in a pair of vise grips to keep the two halves together and put the ol drill press to work on them, I used two different size bits for the two most common size brads that I use and now I no longer have that problem, I just put the brad in the hole of the pliers, place it where I want it and whack it once to set it nice and straight!

G'day Thomas,
    A great idea mate.
    I use a "Warrington" Pattern hammer for most of my fine pinning and needle noses some of the time. I've got a crappy pair of Chinese Needle noses down the shed, think I'll make use of your idea.
    Regards
    John
    "The Golden Mile"John Wayne
    Some of my Stuff
    Retired Medically Unfit Police Officers ***.

Comment

Another thing you can try is simply poking that tiny lil brad through a small piece of paper, and 'steer 'it to where you need it then start driving it in. Once its in halfway or so, just pull the paper and it will free itself from the brad, then you can drive it in the rest of the way. Dale
      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

How about one of these hand operated brad pushers, no bent brads, no pinched fingers, and no hammer dings on the wood. http://www.meiselwoodhobby.com/cgi-b...08121224140509
        Rolla
        All work is guaranteed, if it breaks you get to keep both pieces.

Be wary of strong drink.
        It can make you shoot at
        tax collectors... and miss.
        Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Great idea Thomas, I just get someone else to hold the nail

oops99
          oops99

KEEP THE PIECE
          Glue it back on, they'll never notice.

DW788

Comment

cool idea, now i have another tom-made tool(part#573956349022364840278)!!!LOL. something i like to do in wood that splits easy is drill a pilot hole fer the brad. a LITTLE dab of ca, and it stays put. thanx for the tip.

Comment

I saw an impressive commercial the other day. Some guy was balancing a nail on his hammer, then he was knocking it up and down in the air with the hammer like he was playing hacky sack. Then he knocks the nail up a bit higher and as it comes down takes a side swing at it and the nail launches across the room into the wall. Then he takes another nail, knocks it up in the air, throws up a clock, bats the nail across the room where it hits the clock and nails the clock to the wall. I have no idea if it was camera tricks or what.
              Jeff Powell

Comment

Try this method.
                http://video.aol.com/video-detail/in...ng-/2050175568
                Dave
                "Tight's tight, too tight's broken"

My Gallery

Comment

Kuhl

Zehr zehr Gut!

Comment

Aww, I was gonna give it a go, but could only find two hammers!!!

Sue

Comment

I knew there was a better way to pound nails than I was using!
                      Chris
                      What! There's no coffee?!!

Comment

You may not believe this works but it really does. Chuck one of the brads into a drill. The brad WILL drill a hole exactly the right diameter!
                        Dan

-Just do'in the best I can every day

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X