Supermax Sale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supermax Sale

My latest Woodcraft store mailer shows the Supermax 16/32 going on sale tomorrow. Knocks $200 of the usual store price down to $999. I guess I'm heading to Harrisburg tomorrow or Saturday.
    Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Haven’t gotten my mailer yet. For the whole month on sale?
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Definitely a no-brainer if you don’t already own the 19-38. It has a 3” thickness limit, but that should be more than sufficient for most purposes. Wish I had the folding tables, but I can’t see scrapping the ones I already have.
      Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by will8989 View Post
        Haven’t gotten my mailer yet. For the whole month on sale?
        Yep - January 26 - Feb 22, according to the mailer.
        Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

Originally posted by handibunny View Post
          Definitely a no-brainer if you don’t already own the 19-38. It has a 3” thickness limit, but that should be more than sufficient for most purposes. Wish I had the folding tables, but I can’t see scrapping the ones I already have.
          For what I'm using it, 3 inches is more than enough. I really don't need the 16 inch width, but for the price it can't be beat. Also - love the built-in digital height readout - saves the cost of a Wixey.
          Tony

Comment

Tony, think 32” width. It has an indexing lever so you can sand the wider pieces without ridges. Works great!
            Carole

Comment

Please...why did you post this. What a dastardly deed! I feel a weakening in my resolve to not buy another tool. Now, I will need to plead my case to my CFO.

Comment

I agree that was a mean thing to do. Lucky me I am immune to this sort of thing. What makes it easier is that already have the 19-38. The 16 would have been perfect for my space.
                Rolf
                RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Quartz has a weakening in his resolve, I have a weakening in my finances..... But I think I would love to have one, maybe I could get rid of my noisy thickness planner.
                  Last edited by Scrappile; 01-26-2018, 04:45 PM.
                  AKA Paul from Washington State

Comment

Originally posted by Quartz43 View Post
                    Please...why did you post this. What a dastardly deed! I feel a weakening in my resolve to not buy another tool. Now, I will need to plead my case to my CFO.
                    MUHA HA HA HA HA HA - or however you do the evil laugh in text.

I called the Harrisburg store this morning to see if they had any in stock, before I made the 58 mile trip. They sold out already, but have 5 more on order. So I reserved one of those and they'll call me when it comes in.

I didn't order the extension wings. If I have room for them, I can add them later.

What are the best grits to get for sandpaper for this thing?
                    Tony

Comment

Grit depends on what you want to do with it. I think Rolf swaps off grits pretty frequently.

The process is pretty quick and easy, even with my small hands. I use 60 grit for rough wood, then anywhere between 100 and 150 for finishing off resawn wood or precise dimensioning. I cut several strips from the roll at one time, so I always have a precut on hand. The purchased precuts are a lot more costly. Klingspor is the place to go for the rolls.
                      Carole

Comment

Rockler sent an email out today with the same deal on the SuperMax 16-32 at $999
                        Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

But Rockler's shipping is much higher.
                          Carole

Comment

Swapping out the paper is easy and fast once you have done it a few times. If I am removing lots of material I us 80 or down to 50 grit. I then will use 150 for the final sanding. For my thin fin wood that I use on my ornaments 1/16 (1.5mm) I pre-sand with 220. This saves me a huge amount of time. Another thing, if you have ever run some curly maple through a planer and had it rip chunks out, the drum sander is your savior.

But you absolutely need dust collection!!!
                            Rolf

Comment

For anyone that gets a drum sander NEVER try to sand paint or a thicker varnish / urethane finish of of old wood. It will load the paper instantly.
                              Strip the finish first. or use an RO sander with a very course grit. I learned this very early in my Super max ownership. But I refreshed my learning experience yesterday and threw away a brand new 150 grit paper strip. . I thought it was a very thin finish on my old fireplace mantle, I was wrong.
                              Rolf

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• DaveVanEss
                                The Fickle Finger of Fate
                                by DaveVanEss
                                It is amazing how Edward R. Murrow's life could would have been different it is wasn't for this one event. When he was going to Washington State University he met a gorgeous girl going to the University of Idaho. They made a wonderful couple and they talked about getting married after Edward graduated....
                                Yesterday, 11:16 AM
                              • meflick
                                Reply to Fall 2019 Issue
                                by meflick
                                Mine was in the mail Fri., just in time to throw in For our weekend camping trip. I agree, great looking projects to do and always fun to see the contributions and names of our forum friends, 🥳🙂 now to carve out time to try a few of them.
                                07-14-2019, 03:27 PM
                              • meflick
                                Reply to Unicorn Spit
                                by meflick
                                Thanks Betty. I will need to check our local store. I Will also check their online site and see if it’s there. Now, I need to go and retrieve that Joanne’s email with the coupon back out of the trash. 😉...
                                07-14-2019, 03:23 PM
                              • meflick
                                Reply to Dream Catcher Silhouette Ornaments
                                by meflick
                                Thank you Betty. You are very kind, just let me know whenever you are ready....
                                07-14-2019, 03:19 PM
                              • meflick
                                Reply to Conversations
                                by meflick
                                Thanks to the Magazine that was in my mailbox on Fri, I know what a Unicorn 🦄 Spit is. ☺️ I will be looking for some to try as well. No cookies here, trying to cut back on the sugar. 😔 But I agree, if Elliott wants to think you made them, who are we to argue. 😉 my day was great, we recently...
                                07-14-2019, 03:16 PM
                              Working...
                              X