No announcement yet.

Useful stuff we already have

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really an alternative use for a tool, but I use a chunk of wax from a toilet bowl ring to lubricate woodscrews.
    Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Necessity is the mother of invention, and fancy packaging isn't the best selling point for us scrollers. I love hearing all these cool ideas. Helps me look around my shop with new eyes. Ideas like these are creative and help save us all money on gimmicks so we have more money for new toys and supplies! Keep the ideas coming everyone!!
      Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Along similar lines, but not really shop related; the cheap plastic wheels on my trim mower were worn and wobbly, making it hard to push. Otherwise they were still intact, so I didn't want to buy new ones for such an old lawnmower. I removed one wheel, drilled the wheel hub out with a 5/8" drill bit and then cut a length of 1/2" copper tubing about 1 1/4" long. The internal diameter of the 1/2" copper tubing was just the right size to allow the wheel bolts to slide through. I tapped my new copper bushings into the wheel hub and reinstalled the wheel on the mower. Everything fit perfectly. I did all 4 wheels, so I expect they will last another couple seasons. By then the mower will probably need replaced anyway.
        Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

A paint brush is ideal for wiping out blade clamp slots to remove saw dust that acts like powder contributing to blade slippage. After an initial dry brush wipe out, dip the brush in mineral spirits and do it again to remove any oil (from blades) or sap (from wood) accumulations.
          Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

The plastic trays from frozen or prepackaged meals are handy from small parts or holding puzzle pieces while cutting and various finishing processes. Even better when they have lids for puzzles.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• DaveVanEss
              The Fickle Finger of Fate
              by DaveVanEss
              It is amazing how Edward R. Murrow's life could would have been different it is wasn't for this one event. When he was going to Washington State University he met a gorgeous girl going to the University of Idaho. They made a wonderful couple and they talked about getting married after Edward graduated....
              Yesterday, 11:16 AM
            • meflick
              Reply to Fall 2019 Issue
              by meflick
              Mine was in the mail Fri., just in time to throw in For our weekend camping trip. I agree, great looking projects to do and always fun to see the contributions and names of our forum friends, ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ™‚ now to carve out time to try a few of them.
              07-14-2019, 03:27 PM
            • meflick
              Reply to Unicorn Spit
              by meflick
              Thanks Betty. I will need to check our local store. I Will also check their online site and see if itโ€™s there. Now, I need to go and retrieve that Joanneโ€™s email with the coupon back out of the trash. ๐Ÿ˜‰...
              07-14-2019, 03:23 PM
            • meflick
              Reply to Dream Catcher Silhouette Ornaments
              by meflick
              Thank you Betty. You are very kind, just let me know whenever you are ready....
              07-14-2019, 03:19 PM
            • meflick
              Reply to Conversations
              by meflick
              Thanks to the Magazine that was in my mailbox on Fri, I know what a Unicorn ๐Ÿฆ„ Spit is. โ˜บ๏ธ I will be looking for some to try as well. No cookies here, trying to cut back on the sugar. ๐Ÿ˜” But I agree, if Elliott wants to think you made them, who are we to argue. ๐Ÿ˜‰ my day was great, we recently...
              07-14-2019, 03:16 PM
            Working...
            X