No announcement yet.

glass's wearers can eliminate the need for mag lite paid $9.99 at hobby Lobby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glass's wearers can eliminate the need for mag lite paid $9.99 at hobby Lobby

Clip on mag lens have enabled me to remove the large mag lit completely,they work great with my trifocals ,I found the tip in back tips ,I never knew they made in clip on version ,I always got reflected ,which did a number on my eyes after a litttle while ,and almost a head ache .These don't and allow a clean table top giving unlimited use of you hand w/o the mag.lite in the way,sorry I can't credit poster of this fine tip ,But Thanks great tip ,he even posted the source for them! I payed $9.99 at Hobby lobby for mine .major improvement.Thanks again
    Last edited by wood-n-things; 12-01-2014, 09:59 AM. Reason: repaired typo for future searches.
    "Home Of The Dust Free Scroll Saw"
    Remember (IT is WHAT it IS)( Unless YOU change IT!)

I believe I was the one who suggested the clip on magnifiers. I'm glad they help.

I still have the mag light, but I use it to get better lighting close to the work surface.

Comment

I just ordered.

It's all fun
      Terry
      Craftsman 18"
      Delta 46-460 lathe

https://www.facebook.com/SillyLillyBowsAndMore

Comment

Mark ,Sorry ,I was jumping around ,different threads ,after I got a pair and tried them,I really looked to try and give you credit ,Thanks you very much . other than the room they take up reflection bounce killed my eyes ,I have plenty of good light and now extra room on the table ,thanks to you !! Since ,I got the big light removed ,I was able to modify the vac,pick up on top ,works even better and is tranlusent ,slick ,Thanks Again !!Carl

Comment

No worries Carl. The clip on magnifiers are one of the best tools for those who wear glasses and I'm surprised they aren't recommended more often.

I would suggest getting in the habit of always putting them in the same safe place when you take them off. Before I started doing that, I've set them down and couldn't find them when I came back a couple of times.

Comment

I bought a pair at AC Moore Sunday. There are great, no more reading glasses in front of my regular glasses.

BarryK

Comment

Mark ! Your absolutely right about that ,I am the world worst at that especially in the big shop then spend more time looking than the job takes just because of that fact .cussed my self more than I care to count ,takeing a piece to size or checksomething out ,get interupted or distracted ,get back minus the critical part and the hunt starts , small in computor room shop is so small so far at least put in case before I get up from the chair !

Comment

Got mine and have been using them for two days now. WHAT A DIFFERENCE they make with my trifocals. Only two problems with them 1)have to remember to flip them up when I move around cause they make the floor/ground appear closer than it really is. 2) took so long to find out about these.
                Got them at Hobby Lobby with 40% off coupon. Also noticed they are available at Amazon, Walmart, etc. This link shows picture of them.
                Carson Clip And Flip Magnifying Glasses | Shop Hobby Lobby
                Larry Davis
                Using wood rescued from the fire pit. My story told with a log.

Member Callahan Area Woodworking Group, Clyde, Texas

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X