Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolf
    replied
    I have posted these pictures of my solution to this issue. I originally built it for my Hawk G4 26 but have adapted it to also work on my EX 16.
    I used Mag switches to hold it to the saw. It is connected to a Festool MIDI vacuum that is only on when my saw is running. No dust, and the smell I get from the Baltic birch when cutting is also gone. I added a small parts trap for the bits that get sucked up accidentally. I also added the swivel joint so I could easily swing the top suction out of the way. I only had one MAG switch in this photo the hole for a second is at the back. The sawdust on the saw is from my Chop saw now relocated.
    Swivel mod (337 x 600).jpgmag switch and plubing (600 x 337).jpgmag switch and plubing crop (600 x 497).jpg
    Last edited by Rolf; 02-10-2020, 09:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    replied
    This is an old post but a good one. This is what I use that Hegner come up with a few years ago. Blowing dust away just puts it in the air.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• fd_cox
    replied
    Originally posted by ChuckD View Post
    I'm sorry, but I can't figure why anyone would want to "blow" dust anywhere. If you blow it you are going to breathe it. If you have it on your glasses then you are getting it in your lungs and that is not so good.
    Here are a couple of posts that may prevent all the blowing. I never have dust on my glasses or anywhere else.
    http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31024

http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31025

Any questions or any way I can help, let me know. Good luck
    Blowing the dust away gives me a clean line to work with

Leave a comment:

• ChuckD
    replied
    I tried the links again and now they work, if anyone wants to continue this topic.

Leave a comment:

• SteveK
    replied
    Let me try: Dust Collectors for Scroll saws - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board

NOPE, DIDN'T WORK EITHER.

Leave a comment:

• ChuckD
    replied
    Hey guys, sorry, I don't know what is happening. The two posts are stickies under the "General Scroll Saw" I have tried to copy the address and I get the same thing you do. It looks good but it don't go where it is suppose to.

Dust Collectors for Scroll saws - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board

Dust collector for Scroll saw Part 2 - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board

I will try again.......

Leave a comment:

• cwmagee
    replied
    Chuck,

When I clicked on the links in your message it takes me back to main forum page. I did a search and it brings me back to this post.
    cwmagee

Leave a comment:

• Hawaiilad
    replied
    Chuck, when I click on the posts you have included, I am sent right back to this post...did I do something wrong. I also use Hegners and the bellows does not work that well and using the fan and filter still leaves a ton of dust..would like to see what up use.

Leave a comment:

• ChuckD
    replied
    I'm sorry, but I can't figure why anyone would want to "blow" dust anywhere. If you blow it you are going to breathe it. If you have it on your glasses then you are getting it in your lungs and that is not so good.
    Here are a couple of posts that may prevent all the blowing. I never have dust on my glasses or anywhere else.
    http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31024

http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31025

Any questions or any way I can help, let me know. Good luck
    Last edited by ChuckD; 04-27-2014, 08:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tigerman00
    replied
    Fish tank air pumps can be easily repaired if they stop working. Just take it to a pet shop and they will have the little rubber bellows for cheap.

Leave a comment:

• flyingduck
    replied
    Just as added information, if you decided to construct one of these dust collectors I would advise that you be sure and use a medium to large cooling fan, even if you have to put the input pipe on the side of the container. This way, you will have enough suction to be sure and pull any sawdust into the bucket. You can get these fans real cheap at a local computer repair shop. Some will run on 12 volts dc and some will run on 120 VAC. I have my foot switch, sawdust collector, light and fish tank air pump all plugged into a power strip mounted on the side of the table the saw is on. This way, I only have to turn on one switch to power up everything.

Leave a comment:

• flyingduck
    replied
    I use this system for the bottom of the plate only. I connect it to the port under the table. I use the original dust blower on top except I employ a fish tank air pump vice the bellows.

Leave a comment:

• Tom J.
    replied
    Can you show a picture of how you are capturing the dust at the saw blade ? Your setup looks very interesting. I may give it a try.

Tom

Leave a comment:

• flyingduck
    replied
    My Home Made Sawdust Collector

Here is a photo of my home made saw dust collector. If you need more info let me know at [email protected].
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    Could you post a picture of this solution please. It sounds very interesting.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X