No announcement yet.

Scroll Saw Dust Blower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, sorry, I don't know what is happening. The two posts are stickies under the "General Scroll Saw" I have tried to copy the address and I get the same thing you do. It looks good but it don't go where it is suppose to.

Dust Collectors for Scroll saws - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board

Dust collector for Scroll saw Part 2 - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board

I will try again.......
    Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
    Jean De La Bruyere...

l
    Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Let me try: Dust Collectors for Scroll saws - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board

NOPE, DIDN'T WORK EITHER.
      Steve in Richmond, VA with a DW-788

Comment

I tried the links again and now they work, if anyone wants to continue this topic.
        Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
        Jean De La Bruyere...

l
        Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckD View Post
          I'm sorry, but I can't figure why anyone would want to "blow" dust anywhere. If you blow it you are going to breathe it. If you have it on your glasses then you are getting it in your lungs and that is not so good.
          Here are a couple of posts that may prevent all the blowing. I never have dust on my glasses or anywhere else.
          http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31024

http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31025

Any questions or any way I can help, let me know. Good luck
          Blowing the dust away gives me a clean line to work with
          Floyd

Harrison Arkansas

Comment

This is an old post but a good one. This is what I use that Hegner come up with a few years ago. Blowing dust away just puts it in the air.
            Attached Files
            Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I have posted these pictures of my solution to this issue. I originally built it for my Hawk G4 26 but have adapted it to also work on my EX 16.
              I used Mag switches to hold it to the saw. It is connected to a Festool MIDI vacuum that is only on when my saw is running. No dust, and the smell I get from the Baltic birch when cutting is also gone. I added a small parts trap for the bits that get sucked up accidentally. I also added the swivel joint so I could easily swing the top suction out of the way. I only had one MAG switch in this photo the hole for a second is at the back. The sawdust on the saw is from my Chop saw now relocated.
              Swivel mod (337 x 600).jpgmag switch and plubing (600 x 337).jpgmag switch and plubing crop (600 x 497).jpg
              Last edited by Rolf; 02-10-2020, 09:19 AM.
              Rolf
              RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Resurrecting an old thread!!

if a person wanted a real strong blower, A/C powered cooling fans are available for approx $20.

I would post a link but I’m using my phone and not sure how to get it from the amazon app😔

a mount of some sort would need to be made, but that would not be difficult - it could actually piggy back on the magnifier light!

Comment

Originally posted by rash_powder View Post
                  Resurrecting an old thread!!

if a person wanted a real strong blower, A/C powered cooling fans are available for approx $20.

I would post a link but I’m using my phone and not sure how to get it from the amazon app😔

a mount of some sort would need to be made, but that would not be difficult - it could actually piggy back on the magnifier light!
                  But then you are just blowing the dust somewhere else! It’s best to collect the dust at the source. Most importantly, the airborne dust that comes off the top of the table.
                  Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X