Design junkies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design junkies!

This is a tip for newbies such as myself--I'm sure it's old hat to you pros I can't do just one type of woodwork; I had to try them all--and I suffered from too many choices...

I've started keeping a bucket full of sample pieces. Every time I buy a new wood, I cut some two inch squares and use every type of finish, paint, or stain on them that I might conceivably want to use on that type of wood and put them in the bucket. Then when I'm drawing up a new piece, I can just pull out the relevant samples and see what suits me the best. I've found it really cuts down on the worry lines on my forehead!

I bet it would help with the aggrivation if you would empty that bucket and glue those 2 inch squares to a wall, the door, or some other type of story board? Its a good idea to make up samples. Dale
    Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

I've always wanted finished samples...it's just the time and effort involved. It's good thinking because you need to plan your colors on what it will look like with a finish on it, not in the buff. Fortunately for me, I have a good memory and I have so much of my intarsia's that I can go back and look at them whenever I need to. If I was a business, I'd be my best customer.
      Jeff Powell

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X