Leaf Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaf Pattern

Good Morning Ladies and Gents - I have a customer looking for me to saw and wants small wall hangings like those pictured in the latest issue of ScrollSaw Woodworking & Crafts mag by artist Gloria Cosgrove.

Only problem is that the customer just wants leaves - no, animals or insects, or whatever. I know that I can just eliminate the buggers from the cut but they're looking for something more on the order of autumn leaves and such.

Does anyone know where I might find such patterns.

Thanking you all in advance.

Jeff

"There is no such thing as failure - only delayed success!"

You should be able to google leafs and get some good patters.
    Don

Comment

Leaf pattern

Here is one Leaf pattern I have cut 100's of. I make them into Trivets. One of the many plants we have here in Hawaii.
      Attached Files
      Hawaiilad
      Larry

Comment

Thank you very much Larry - I will see if my customer would like this design -

I wish you a Great Day !

Comment

Larry, that's a big philodendron isn't it. It has been years since I was there but those grew everywhere in the bushes. Thanks, it is a nice memory.
          Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
          Desert Woodcrafters
          Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

Stephen, we call that the Monstere plant here. You are correct, they do grow nearly every place around the Islands. A very hardy plant. We have several of them on our property. This and a turtle design, seems to be liked by most people here on vacation.
            Hawaiilad
            Larry

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• GladeFade
              Reply to My covid angel
              by GladeFade
              First off how thick is the board you cut?
              When I want something to stand out I use backer-boards 1/8 thick to get the depth.
              that means you would have to cut the big cutting into pieces to put the spacer behind.
              for instance the cloud bottom right which his hand is on I would put maybe...
              Yesterday, 11:05 PM
            • Linda In Phoenix
              Reply to Wooden Headstone
              by Linda In Phoenix
              I am stunned at the fact it wasn't rotted or termite destroyed. That must've been one blessed lady. Thank you for what you all are doing!
              Yesterday, 10:43 PM
            • Linda In Phoenix
              Reply to Hard Woods for low $$$
              by Linda In Phoenix
              Pretty boards. Our Walmart didn't have any when I went. Thank you for sharing though.
              Yesterday, 10:41 PM
            • Linda In Phoenix
              Reply to My covid angel
              by Linda In Phoenix
              Looking at the image, I would sand down the clouds a bit on the left (as you're looking at it)....to make it look like the clouds on the right are the closest to you. Then with the clouds to the left being less pronounced it will make it look more like he is sitting on them. Humorous design choice...
              Yesterday, 10:40 PM
            • Linda In Phoenix
              Reply to Tough Decisions
              by Linda In Phoenix
              I would have to agree that I've not personally made many designs from the magazine, as I have progressed to making most of my own designs. However, I do enjoy some of the reviews and other articles---as well as checking out techniques of others. I debated as well, but decided to renew. Now I just...
              Yesterday, 10:35 PM
            Working...
            X