Glue Syringes and Needles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glue Syringes and Needles

Hello fellow scroller's, thought I might pass this along in case someone can use the information. If you need to dispense glue using a syringe you might check out Dr. Foster's and Smith's Vet supply site. You can get syringes and needles for horses in several size syringes and needles as well as needle length. I just ordered 10 12cc syringes and 10 18 gauge 1.5 inch needles for $5.90 and free shipping. That seems to be a lot cheaper than then ones you can get on E-bay or the wood working sites.
    Have a great scrolling day!

"Tractor Supply" store has them also.
    Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
    "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

I often see them in independent hardware stores and bought a set of 2 about 3 years ago. I know I paid under $8 for both and they're designed to dispense glue, not meds for horses or whatever. Because they were designed for woodworking, I don't ever anticipate having to replace them for as long as I live. There are a couple of tricks for the care of "glue" dispensing syringes.

Before storing, even overnight, after use, set your syringe in a corner or propped up upside down to let all air bubbles to surface.

If your dispenser dries up with old glue, dismantle it and run hot water over all parts. Hot water melts old glue buildup and your syringe will be like new.
      It's never hot or cold in NH, it's always seasonal!

Comment

Bernie,

Thanks for the post and tips. The point I was making is that you can get the syringes much cheaper and they should work just as well as your $4.00 one only they cost about $.59 each. As many have said, if yours works for you then great! Myself, I am retired and on a budget. I try to cut pennies when I can and this is one way. I think the 10 I am getting will last me forever.

Comment

I have never used a syringe for gluing and I wanted to ask if a regular needle works as well as one made for gluing?
          Hawaiilad
          Larry

Comment

Larry, small gauge regular needles will work but they clog very easily and become frustrating to use. The needle is very difficult to flush to keep it clear so it does not clog inbetween uses.
            "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
            Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
              Reply to Shrink wrap systems
              by Linda In Phoenix
              I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
              Today, 10:01 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
              by will8989
              Will check out amazon tomorrow. Thanks.
              Today, 09:53 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to Shrink wrap systems
              by will8989
              Well, I used to get my shrink wrap rolls from AC Moore, and just used the last roll😟. I use a heat gun but lately and only shrink the Sealife puzzles to keep the pieces in place. I only use it on puzzles because of my display board otherwise I would have broken pieces all over the place. Also easier...
              Today, 09:49 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
              by will8989
              He’s gotten me through some pretty tough times and always has my back so It’s the least I can do. Good thing I had the freezer stocked! That has been a time saver. I made a pot of chili on Sunday and got 6 meals out of it! As for payback, I’m getting a new shed in the spring! I had to do my flap...
              Today, 09:32 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to Sundays market
              by will8989
              We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
              Today, 08:56 PM
            Working...
            X