Finger Protectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finger Protectors

Some place I read where finger protectors were used when sanding. I have found them very useful when cutting the patterns. They seem to give me a more positive feel and control over the wood. I use them on my index and middle fingers of both hands and use my finger tips to control the wood.
    Buzz
    We Danes are very even tempered. We're always mad about something!

yea, I think cathy wise uses them. Personally, I like to go for the sandpaper burn once in awhile...keeps me on my toes.
    Jeff Powell

Comment

Interesting...

With the cooler weather my fingers are slightly dry and grip has been a problem, will have to try these out.

Thanks for posting!

Pete

Comment

I use a pair of Mechanix gloves.

Although, you have to be careful. I sanded a hole right through the left thumb. It got caught under a piece I was sanding. I didn't actually sand my thumb but put a hole in the glove. The hubby said I needed a new pair. But I figure I still got 9 more fingers to sand through before I have to replace 'em. Besides, I can use duct tape to close up any holes (it is the handyman's secret weapon, ya know)
        Kelly
        "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Comment

Buzz, what are these finger protectors made of?
          Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

I think they are the little rubber secretary finger tip things you can get cheap at Staples, etc...

I use the vet-wrap that i make custom thumb guards out of when I'm carving...it' easy to use, doesnt' stick, and if I sand through it, I can wrap a few more layers around!

Bob
            www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Some people also use that "blue, sticky, wrinkly, tape" (that was a technical term) that medical people use to wrap around bandages. My lab uses it to wrap a piece of cotton on my arm after a blood test. I save it and use it.

EarlinJax

Comment

Finger Protectors

They are exactly what BobD said they are made of. Rubber with little nodes on them. Mine are called Finger Tips and are made by Swingline. They may take a little getting used to as they are just a little thick, but I have found that I use them all the time. The only time I don't use them is when a part of the paper comes loose and I have to hold it down right next to the blade until I finish the cut. They are too thick to get that close to the blade.
                Buzz
                Buzz
                We Danes are very even tempered. We're always mad about something!

Comment

Originally posted by earlinjax
                  Some people also use that "blue, sticky, wrinkly, tape" (that was a technical term) that medical people use to wrap around bandages. My lab uses it to wrap a piece of cotton on my arm after a blood test. I save it and use it.

EarlinJax
                  That stuff is Vetrap if you get it at a feed store, and Koban if you get it (more expensively) at a drug store or medical supply place. I save mine after I donate platelets (about every 2 weeks) If you roll it up without stretching, and keep it in a baggie like a zip-lock, it will last quite a while. I use it while carving sometimes, too. That is a little harder on the tape than scrolling.
                  Sandy

Comment

Finger protectors? I kill two birds with one stone. Haven't had to trim my nails in months!
                    Dan

-Just do'in the best I can every day

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Chuck Hans
                      Reply to Big week here
                      by Chuck Hans
                      Congrats on all accounts,
                      I have been retired for 21 years and have no regrets. Hope you and your family take full advantage of the well earned time
                      Today, 08:51 PM
                    • cwmagee
                      Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                      by cwmagee
                      Jim,

Should you ever get bored, you may have found a new retirement/career "Key Board Repair Service"
                      Today, 03:36 PM
                    • Sandy Oaks
                      Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                      by Sandy Oaks
                      So true about letting the blade do to cutting....
                      Today, 02:56 PM
                    • NC Scroller
                      Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                      by NC Scroller
                      I have made a number of those Harvey puzzles. They are a lot of fun. You really need to be patient and let the blade cut. Even the slightest pressure can ruin your puzzle piece fit. My go to is a Pegas #3 MGT....
                      Today, 11:24 AM
                    • NC Scroller
                      Reply to Big week here
                      by NC Scroller
                      Congrats on your pending retirement and gaining a new daughter. I have been retired close to 6 years now and I have no idea where the time went. Yes retirement will mean some adjustment but I can tell you it is the best job I have ever had. By the way. If you think retirement means unlimited shop...
                      Today, 11:18 AM
                    Working...
                    X