The "Mikey" Roller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Mikey" Roller

At the Saratoga show last weekend, I shared with Dirk & Karen Boelman and Carole Rothman a tool one of the Sawdust & Woodchips Woodworking Association members created to facilitate gluing. It is called the Mikey Roller over coat the roller. [You can test roll!] Roll the light coat of glue on the fret-cut surface and then place your fretwork where needed. Once the glue dries, it will peal off the pipe insulation so the roller can be used over and over again. Eventually you will probably have to replace the roller cover but you will have plenty left over from your first cutting!

Another tipTable Salt to prevent movement! Sprinkle a little table salt onto one or both surfaces to prevent movement when clamping.

Note ... One of our members also purchased other various sized rollers at a local dollar store and tested gluing with them. It is entirely possible to use them. Remember, the dollar store has many, many things that can be used by every woodworker if you think outside the box!
    Attached Files
    Barbara
    Proud user of Excalibur, RBI Hawk, & Delta

Thanks

That is a great tip, I'm sure many will be thanking you for it
    Jack

Comment

I've been doing that for quite sometime. Ironic that my name is Mike as well...
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Thanks for the reminder, Barbara. It's always great to find out new ways of doing things. I'm especially intrigued about the salt--have to try it out one of these days.

Enjoyed talking with you, and am looking forward to meeting up again next year.
        Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Great tip - thanks...
          Douglas Fraser
          Eagle River, Alaska

My Gallery - Aurora Wood Crafts

Comment

I got to talk with Barbara at the show, what a delightful and knowledgable youn lady. Thanks for the Mikey roller reminder.
            Rolf
            RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Thanks for showing this tip. I think I will try it out.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                Shrink wrap systems
                by Linda In Phoenix
                What do you use to shrink wrap, and what do you use it on? Lately in the puzzles section I've seen a couple of you mention shrink wrapping. I've considered such a leap. Even though the basics are all similar from manufacturer to manufacturer, it's still leaves some questions. Maybe others have...
                Today, 11:51 AM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to Sundays market
                by Linda In Phoenix
                Brrrr. Glad you got to sell a little. I miss the people interaction. A lot. I hope you found some pretty pieces of wood at the store!
                Today, 11:39 AM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to New tools
                by Linda In Phoenix
                New tools can definitely open up the scope of what we can do, or how well I'm on the band wagon. Congrats!
                Today, 11:36 AM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to Interesting pallet
                by Linda In Phoenix
                At work (like 15 years ago) we got in some aluminum sheet on pallets 4'x12'. Those pallets were like brand new, without even any discoloring from the metals. I asked our sales rep, and he said I could keep one pallet. I removed all the 4' boards, which measured about 1/2" thick, 4" wide...
                Today, 11:32 AM
              • NC Scroller
                Reply to Interesting pallet
                by NC Scroller
                I agree that needs to be saved for a special project. The wood is likely oak based on the grain pattern and the discoloration around the nail.
                Today, 11:30 AM
              Working...
              X