Drill Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drill Stand

Good morning ladies and gentlemen - I mainly do fretwork, but also make toy cars, trucks for sale or donation.. I need to know where I can find one of those stands that lets me use my hand drill like a drill press.

I get my wheels centered a majority of the time, but I do not like to waste wood and I'd like to drill perpendicular holes all of the time. I made a jig that attaches to my 5" sander so I get perfect circles all of the time so all problems covered except that drill stand - I have seen them in scroll saw books but with no info on where to find 'em.

Thanks

Jeff

I have seen used ones on Ebay, but for the prices you can almost buy a bench sized drill press at Harbor Freight.

Comment

Can't beat harbor frieght for the prices.
      Quality isn't bad either.

Comment

Here ya go.

Drill Guide and Chuck-36/37 at The Home Depot
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Drill Stand

Just got on the forum yesterday. If you haven't already found your drill stand for you portable drill, let me know I have a couple of them that I am will to sell.

Comment

I have a table mounted one i bought at Sears many years ago ...its my go to when i need a quickie hole drilled rather than plow my way to my big one buried in the rear of the shop.....it is surprisingly accurate and stabil.the drill can be rotated to use with a wire/grinding wheel although i have NEVER used that feature..seems to hold alighnment very well....saw one on the shelf at our local sears hardware store last year on clearance......(so there are still a few floating arround.) price was in the mid 20's if i remember.....i know i never paid that much.......(25-30 years back.)...the one i have is just like a standard drill press .......except you clamp your hand drill in place. a very stabil and useful unit'

Comment

one more drill press coment....just went out to the shop and got the model # off mine.....DRILL PRESS MODEL NUMBER 335.25987.....Identical ones shown .....mine has a sliding/tilting table......some of the usedones don't show the table......just go to google search.

Comment

you can buy a drill stand that will use dremel drill

Comment

Ray, I have 5 dremel tools (aquired over the years) the drill press that they designed will fit all but 1 due to the nose configuration....anyhow.........the unit is not the most stabil but DOES get the job done.....the only bad feature is that it seems to have a limited use due to its small size..i see no reason why it won;t do the job for drilling out wheel holes though.....small enough to do a decent job.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KarlB
                    Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                    by KarlB
                    Very nice Jim. You have a very contemporary look now! Since I do cabinet, Entertainment centers, etc. for my work I see a lot of the same looks being done here in Naples. (i.e. large porcelain tiles, lighted dropped ceiling)

I do like your use of the space in the door way for additional...
                    Today, 09:41 PM
                  • KarlB
                    Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
                    by KarlB
                    Well judging from the photos, it looks like it could be a scroll or band saw. (The photos, although a bit blurred, show a few burrs at the cut.) It also appears the set screw may go into the other side of the cut as the hole on the blade would allow the pass through. Maybe, however it is just a pressure...
                    Today, 09:31 PM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                    by will8989
                    Beautiful!...
                    Today, 09:19 PM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Big week here
                    by will8989
                    Bruce said he felt like he needed to look for a job when he first retired. That lasted for about a month and he hasn’t looked back since. I had a friend whose company gave him a 50th party. At the party he told them he was retiring in 2 weeks! Trust us, you will love being retired.
                    Today, 09:09 PM
                  • jim_mex
                    Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                    by jim_mex
                    Hi ibber - LOL!

I took the keyboard back to the store a while back and they hadn't got a replacement in stock. Since I like the look o it I think I am going to play attack it later this evening and try to sort out the problem.
                    ingers crossed
                    Today, 07:35 PM
                  Working...
                  X