Shrink wraping very helpful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shrink wraping very helpful

3 yrs. ago ,I had a chance to make some money helping a friend package products ,he was selling ,not having 2 grand to purchase machinery to do it I built a L Sealer and shrink tunnel for about $100.00 and a lot of time ,I ran about ten thousand pieces for him ,He has since passed away. long story short,I now use them as shown in the pix, perfect for stack cutting as well as wrapping
    products I sell.some of you may have access to equipment at work or have contact s that do ,perfect for protecting product s and stacks for eliments,for
    long periods ,plus inhances your wares ,and storage from show to show. any rate ,they reminded me I have not posted in a while ,insidently ,if you haven't noticed stick a pattern on and you can cut out in the shrink wrap package w/o
    any glue tape or resido.those little bundles are ready to cut the name tags on
    my bridges ,throphy tags were costing $4-$6 each ,customers actually like the
    wooden signs better RUSTIC I guess ,plus the stores love the wrap for display.
    I am limited to 12x12 ,may have to make larger to do 24x36.
    My Very Best ! Carl
    Attached Files
    "Home Of The Dust Free Scroll Saw"
    Remember (IT is WHAT it IS)( Unless YOU change IT!)

Does make a nice package.
    Tony

Comment

Carl - what do i need to build a shrink tunnel?

Comment

Originally posted by lakeside View Post
        Carl - what do i need to build a shrink tunnel?
        adjustabled heaters w/blower heat range 190 -250 degree insulated closure,flap entrance and exit ,speed controled conveyor 'high temp belt' components sized to need ,mine approx 36"L 14" W 16" H Thermostat,sw.s variac ,needs to be able to maintain approx 200 degrees constant, I converted and modified existing old restruant equipment I serviced and worked on that finally would cost more to repair than replace,I kept the hulls to scavenge for others till finally they were outdated. About all I had to buy was teflon material,I was able to salvage the rest and recycle to a new use,major expense time experamenting
        heat circulation and temp very important .Had a lot of fun ,but a lot of time,works very well ,I almost forgot a temp.reading device.

Hope that helps!
        My Very Best !Carl

Comment

Very nice. I too shrink wrap but use a more economical (financially and time investment) set up. I believe your "home made" system definitely gets more consistent results. I admire people who can machinery from scratch like you did.

My solution was to purchase a heat sealer, hot air gun (hair dryer would probably work), and bags. All around $100 - 125. Works good and looks great!
          Kip

Scrollin' with an Ex-21

http://eco-friendly-woodworks.com/

I WAITED patiently for the Lord; And He inclined to me and heard my cry.
          He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay,
          And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm.
          He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God;
          Many will see and fear
          And will trust in the Lord.
          Psalm 40:1-3

Comment

I did the same thing as Kip, I have a thermal sealer (thanks JohB for the tip) heat shrink bags and use a hair dryer, heat gun may be faster but I had a cheap hair dryer on hand. No fuss no muss and it works great . i have had to replace the heat strip once already after about 2 years of use. Not heavy use but I guess the resistance causes the metal strip to break down and after a while it breaks. It comes with 2 replacement heat elements.
            "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
            Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Originally posted by wood-n-things View Post
              I did the same thing as Kip, I have a thermal sealer (thanks JohB for the tip) heat shrink bags and use a hair dryer, heat gun may be faster but I had a cheap hair dryer on hand. No fuss no muss and it works great . i have had to replace the heat strip once already after about 2 years of use. Not heavy use but I guess the resistance causes the metal strip to break down and after a while it breaks. It comes with 2 replacement heat elements.
              Your both ,right on target,you will not burn many holes thru the wrap with a hair dryer,I do not start up the tunnel except when doing a bunch ,of the same
              size ,otherwise it's just easier to use the heat gun,if you have not tried covering stacks and slabs for future use try it ,no warpage no dirt ,just perfect when you are ready.The only limitation you have is bag size. Thats why I am thinking of making a 48" barsealer then with my rolls I could make closures for whole boards .moisture ,warping ,and dust and dirt mud dobbers have raised havoc
              with my supplies that go unattended for months and months.plus vertually any thing else including boxes and rarely used tools! I use alot of stretch wrap now I't is not nearly as neat ,or easy to handle or remove!
              I am thinking of making it twin C-clamp style instead of sizzer for versality
              As you can tell , versality should have been my middle name.
              Glad some one else ,finds it very useful!
              My Very Best to Both of You!
              Carl

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• cwmagee
                Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                by cwmagee
                I think it might be a letter that one would need to use the left index finger. Perhaps you need a heavier hammer.
                Today, 05:39 PM
              • jim_mex
                Reply to New tools
                by jim_mex
                Hi Rolf - the unit I bought will also do Tig welding once you buy the optional accessories - torch, nozzles etc: - plus it will do conventional stick welding too. I doubt I'll be heading down the TIG route anytime soon, at least not for the projects I have in mind at the moment.

I did a...
                Today, 05:26 PM
              • Rolf
                Reply to New tools
                by Rolf
                Jim I bought a mig welder the last time I did a frame off restoration on my TVR. I had a few frame cracks. I bought one that used shielding gas. I never really mastered the power vs feed vs moving the torch. Using it only a couple of times a year did not help.
                My dream was to buy a TIG so that...
                Today, 04:32 PM
              • Rolf
                Reply to Big week here
                by Rolf
                Yes you have had a great week.! It is really nice that your son shared this special moment. Regarding retirement, Almost 5 years for me, Never regreted my decision, not for an instant.
                Today, 04:19 PM
              • jim_mex
                New PC keyboard has an error
                by jim_mex
                Partly because I have trouble seeing small letters with my one remaining eye and also because my existing wireless keyboard gave up the ghost a couple of days back I went out this morning and bought a new wired keyboard from our local Oice Depot.

I chose one with really big blue illuminated...
                Today, 03:47 PM
              Working...
              X