top loading bottom loading blade tooth angle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• top loading bottom loading blade tooth angle

The discussions in the past have been to the preference to whether one likes to drop the blade down through the top of the pattern or insert it into the base of the wood drill hole in the bottom .

I was using a # 3 blade and inserting it from the top with a bit of difficulty as th hole was also small .
    I noticed the teeth were grabbing the wood . So I did the reverse and inserted the blade from the bottom , what a difference .

With a larger hole ,direction would not have made much of a difference .

When stack cutting sometimes the only option is to remove the blade entirely and lower it down from the top due to lack of clearance between the wood and top blade holder.

Just thought I'd throw that out consider in case blade tooth direction hadn't been mentioned in the past .

Roger

Good point especially if using a skip tooth blade or regular reverse tooth blade. That process will not work with the FD ultra reverse or any two way cut blades.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Scott, thanks for pointing that out.
      Roger

Comment

The only problem you might encounter by having the teeth point up is that the piece might chatter and break fine bridges.

george
        A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
        George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Sandy Oaks
          Dog Puzzle - Aussie
          by Sandy Oaks
          This is a custom order request. The pattern is by Harvey Byler purchased from WoodCraftByScott.com. I enlarged the pattern by 10%. Cut at home on the EX21 using FD UR #5 blades. The wood is Poplar approximately 7" x 9". Sanded with the Sand Flee and dipped in Shellac diluted 50% with...
          Today, 10:43 AM
        • Rolf
          Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
          by Rolf
          Quartz. What are you not certain of?
          I needed to make a couple of custom sized Octagonal replacement windows, I wanted the most precision. I don't remember where I bought it. If I had seen the bi-directional Incra 1000 I probably would have bought it instead. With the 2000 you have to choose...
          Today, 09:08 AM
        • Rolf
          Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
          by Rolf
          Love every bit of it! The lighting really makes it pop. Would you mind sharing the source for the lights that you used?...
          Today, 08:55 AM
        • Rolf
          Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
          by Rolf
          I am very curious as to how the the slots were cut? The lathe work part of it is simple....
          Today, 08:51 AM
        • Linda In Phoenix
          Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
          by Linda In Phoenix
          Now that's one to make us smile! I've been meaning to try that sometime but procrastinating simply because I didn't stop to consider starting on an easier design to actually learn from. Great reminder. I love your jack-o-lantern!
          Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        Working...
        X