top loading bottom loading blade tooth angle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• top loading bottom loading blade tooth angle

The discussions in the past have been to the preference to whether one likes to drop the blade down through the top of the pattern or insert it into the base of the wood drill hole in the bottom .

I was using a # 3 blade and inserting it from the top with a bit of difficulty as th hole was also small .
    I noticed the teeth were grabbing the wood . So I did the reverse and inserted the blade from the bottom , what a difference .

With a larger hole ,direction would not have made much of a difference .

When stack cutting sometimes the only option is to remove the blade entirely and lower it down from the top due to lack of clearance between the wood and top blade holder.

Just thought I'd throw that out consider in case blade tooth direction hadn't been mentioned in the past .

Roger

Good point especially if using a skip tooth blade or regular reverse tooth blade. That process will not work with the FD ultra reverse or any two way cut blades.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Scott, thanks for pointing that out.
      Roger

Comment

The only problem you might encounter by having the teeth point up is that the piece might chatter and break fine bridges.

george
        A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
        George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
          Reply to Festool vac and Pegas scroll saw
          by will8989
          Jo, when I got my hegner long ago it had a light with it. In the back of the light was an outlet for the footpedal. I put in a 3 prong plug and plugged in my footpedal and vacuum. Ran great for 15 years. A few years ago the outlet on the lamp died and my footpedal at the same time. I had to replace...
          Today, 01:27 PM
        • will8989
          Reply to Old & New
          by will8989
          I got chills reading that. A treasure for a lifetime.
          Today, 12:01 PM
        • will8989
          Birthday presents for grandkids
          by will8989
          Conversation with Bruce. I need some beads for the dream catchers. Bruce - let me go look through my stash. I have what you need. Me - of course you do. When I first started doing shows, Bruce would go and make dreamcatcher earrings and other jewelry. He was quite good at it. Of course he was. He kept...
          Today, 11:59 AM
        • Jo Labre
          by Jo Labre
          The saw was plugged into a Festool Midi vac, which was plugged directly into a wall outlet.

Rolf, could you explain your setup again? It appears your saw is plugged into foot switch which is plugged into outlet strip. Where does the Festool fit? Does it turn on when saw starts if it is...
          Today, 10:02 AM
        • NC Scroller
          by NC Scroller
          I seriously doubt it was operator error. Machines like these are designed to be run straight out of the box with no user activity other then plug and go. It was likely a bad component, or internal connection that failed due to vibration. Yes they do happen even in top quality machines. Even if Pegas...
          Today, 08:31 AM
        Working...
        X