Idea for booth.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for booth.

I have been playing around with a backing for show booths. I use two 6 foot tables. And never have enough room on the two tables. So I got some plastic pipe and some plastic fence. Here are some pictures of what it looks like. They are very light weight and fold up for travel. Can be put on the table in about 5 minutes. They are quite stable and hold quite a bit of weight.

If any one is interested in a parts list and measurements for 6 foot tables. Let me know and I will send them private MSG.

See the post below. I couldn't send the pdf file. So I attached it for all to see or use if they want.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pajaro; 10-06-2011, 05:59 PM.

www.pajarostudiowns.com
    Excalibur EX-21 fanatic
    One of the Chosen few

"The Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated......I am retired!!!!!!!".

Good Idea. Is it just dry fitted together or did you glue it up?
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Just dry fit. that way it will fold up.

www.pajarostudiowns.com
      Excalibur EX-21 fanatic
      One of the Chosen few

"The Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated......I am retired!!!!!!!".

Comment

Pajaro Yup would like your notes Rob
        May the wind at you back .....
        Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Comment

Yes please Pajaro.
          Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Comment

Booth Plans

Not the best plans but I couldn't figure how to send it any other way. It will be here for anyone who wants it.
            It is not drawn to scale but the number are pretty close. Any questions feel free to ask.
            I used zip ties to attach the yard fence to frame.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Pajaro; 10-06-2011, 06:10 PM.

www.pajarostudiowns.com
            Excalibur EX-21 fanatic
            One of the Chosen few

Comment

Thanks! I printed a copy.

I've been trying to decide on a light weight vertical display surface that takes minimal storage space and you have pretty much given me a solution.

I'm off to HD tomorrow for pvc!

Nancy in AZ
              A clean house is a sign of a broken scroll saw!

Comment

What kind of hooks are shown in the pictures??
                A clean house is a sign of a broken scroll saw!

Comment

those are some makeshift things I used until I can get some hooks that look good and work. If anyone comes up with an Idea let me know. Thanks.

Update on the hooks, I made my own.
                  Last edited by Pajaro; 10-10-2011, 07:46 PM.

www.pajarostudiowns.com
                  Excalibur EX-21 fanatic
                  One of the Chosen few

Comment

You might also want to go to Wally World and and buy a black sheet and a white sheet. They are like $4.00 each. The hang them across the back to further highlight you works. BTW, black works for the bulk of projects but white is handy as a back drop for the darker woods.
                    Scott
                    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Pajaro, that is a great idea!!! Can you tell me the estimated cost on that (without the fence)? I have been trying to come up with something that is handier, and perhaps this will work. However, the last time I bought some pvc I about dropped to floor on the price...it sure has gone up!!!
                      Thanx for the great idea and sharing!!!
                      ~ Kim

A day in my shop is like a day at the beach...full of sunshine and ya never know where the sawdust may end up!

www.gonecoastalart.com

Comment

Thanks for a great idea Pete. I grabbed a copy. I have a show coming up in December and I just have to find the time to put one together.

george
                        A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
                        George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Originally posted by lkbraa View Post
                          Pajaro, that is a great idea!!! Can you tell me the estimated cost on that (without the fence)? I have been trying to come up with something that is handier, and perhaps this will work. However, the last time I bought some pvc I about dropped to floor on the price...it sure has gone up!!!
                          Thanx for the great idea and sharing!!!

I purchased all the items at Home Depot, with out the fence the Pipe, fittings and hex bolts cost around $15, the fence was around $10 for a 25 ft roll I made two of these and had lots of fence left over. I don't know if it was marked down or not. But it was the only roll they had...

www.pajarostudiowns.com
                          Excalibur EX-21 fanatic
                          One of the Chosen few

Comment

Looks great.

One thing I noticed is it looks like a little bump on one of the sides might cause the entire thing to fall. If this is the case, you might want to find a way to attach the sides to the table to keep them from moving .

Comment

Mark the sides are attached to the table with four 3 1/2 long 3/8 inch hex bolts. I have hung about 30 lbs of wood work on it and it is very stable. Even with the joints only dry fitted together.. The yard fence material is zip tied to the pipe which makes it stronger.
                              Last edited by Pajaro; 10-10-2011, 07:48 PM.

www.pajarostudiowns.com
                              Excalibur EX-21 fanatic
                              One of the Chosen few

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X