Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Good! There is always a real sense of accomplishment to finish one JZ's patterns.

Earl

Comment

That was a super tutorial and I am sure that everyone learned soemthing. for me it was how to get the pattern off in one piece (until now I have spent hours, scraping each little piece off with my thumbnail and only using spirit for the stubborn bits). Painting on the spirit seems a much cooler idea.

I have noticed that a few of you use "painter's tape". What is this. Is it like paperish masking tape or more like sellotape?

Finally, I have also read about burning away the "fuzzies", but have never had the nerve - don't want to watch hours of work smoking away. Seeing you use it on such a delicate piece has instilled more confidence. Perhaps the kitchen blowtorch (like the family hairdryer) will make its way into the workshop.

Your finished piece is fantastic, as was your tutorial.

Thanks again

Sue

Comment

Bill,
        Great thread, and a very good job, I love it. Keep the photos coming.One question I have is how do you avoid breaking the unsupported pieces, while cutting the other parts of the project. especially that area in the middle of the wing. How does this taping trick work? Maybe you or Evie could explain it. There are so many kinds of painters tape out there, which one is the best choice?
        Hank, in Georgia - Dewalt 788 Scroller.

Comment

That is awesome, being new I can really appreciate the progress you posted here, thank you very much. One question I have is when doing stack cutting do you use tape to bind the stacks together, or what do you do? Again great work and thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the compliments glad you enjoyed it.

I do use painters tape on my projects to hold the stacked pieces together. here is a link to a thread that had a good discussion on this subject.
            http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/woo...ials/16069.htm

As you will see there are many different ways folks secure their projects.
            Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

bill,nice job.where do you get the patience.when i do fretwork i like to do cut that have a instant impact on the project.i dont think i could do what you have done.keep up the good work.

lets make plenty of sawdust......
              not doing much
              and busy doing it

having fun making sawdust.

http://www.customcutz4you.webs.com/

Comment

Amazing piece w/ self portrait enclosed

I've looked at this several times in awe ,and respect .Today , I revisited it and saw your( hidden self portrait) in victory mode . some guys sign their work others enclose their portrait ,COOL !
                "Home Of The Dust Free Scroll Saw"
                Remember (IT is WHAT it IS)( Unless YOU change IT!)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• DaveVanEss
                  The Fickle Finger of Fate
                  by DaveVanEss
                  It is amazing how Edward R. Murrow's life could would have been different it is wasn't for this one event. When he was going to Washington State University he met a gorgeous girl going to the University of Idaho. They made a wonderful couple and they talked about getting married after Edward graduated....
                  Yesterday, 11:16 AM
                • meflick
                  Reply to Fall 2019 Issue
                  by meflick
                  Mine was in the mail Fri., just in time to throw in For our weekend camping trip. I agree, great looking projects to do and always fun to see the contributions and names of our forum friends, ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ™‚ now to carve out time to try a few of them.
                  07-14-2019, 03:27 PM
                • meflick
                  Reply to Unicorn Spit
                  by meflick
                  Thanks Betty. I will need to check our local store. I Will also check their online site and see if itโ€™s there. Now, I need to go and retrieve that Joanneโ€™s email with the coupon back out of the trash. ๐Ÿ˜‰...
                  07-14-2019, 03:23 PM
                • meflick
                  Reply to Dream Catcher Silhouette Ornaments
                  by meflick
                  Thank you Betty. You are very kind, just let me know whenever you are ready....
                  07-14-2019, 03:19 PM
                • meflick
                  Reply to Conversations
                  by meflick
                  Thanks to the Magazine that was in my mailbox on Fri, I know what a Unicorn ๐Ÿฆ„ Spit is. โ˜บ๏ธ I will be looking for some to try as well. No cookies here, trying to cut back on the sugar. ๐Ÿ˜” But I agree, if Elliott wants to think you made them, who are we to argue. ๐Ÿ˜‰ my day was great, we recently...
                  07-14-2019, 03:16 PM
                Working...
                X