dropped blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dropped blades

I keep my blades in a 4 inch medicine container, and that sits on the edge of my worktable. I never knocked it over untill this morning, and it has been there over 4 years. I'd say about 100 blades pinged off the floor behind my scroll saw. The floor is messy back there..saw dust, spider webs, you name it.
    I was hunched over picking up blades a few at a time and dusting them off when my 5 year old daughter walked in. She offered to do it, so I went back to working on my current project. Not two minutes later, she tugged on my shirt and said "all done". What the heck...she used my jointer blade setting tool to suck up all the blades. Now why didn't I think of that ???
    Jeff Powell

LOL my two are like that and they think of the most ingenius ways to do things that I cant understand why I couldnt think of the same thing myself lol
    Charlie
    "Everything Happens for a Reason"
    Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

out of the mouths and minds of babes. don't for get to give crittit to those little jeniouses. ( i know spelling) Jeff you kneed a new blade holder. your friend Evie,,,but then are we taking someones job???

Comment

And now,

This side up... this side up... this side down... this side up...

times one hundred...

Sheesh, I feel your pain. DAMHIK

Regards, (and trying not to smirk)
        Marcel
        http://marleb.com
        DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

You said you use #9 blades so it shouldn't be too hard to sort them out.
          It has been posted on here several times before but put a spot of colored nail polish or whiteout on the top end of the blades. That makes it so much easier when inserting them.

Your daughter was quick to figure out about the magnet.
          Smart girl!
          CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
          "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
          Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
            Shrink wrap systems
            by Linda In Phoenix
            What do you use to shrink wrap, and what do you use it on? Lately in the puzzles section I've seen a couple of you mention shrink wrapping. I've considered such a leap. Even though the basics are all similar from manufacturer to manufacturer, it's still leaves some questions. Maybe others have...
            Today, 11:51 AM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            Reply to Sundays market
            by Linda In Phoenix
            Brrrr. Glad you got to sell a little. I miss the people interaction. A lot. I hope you found some pretty pieces of wood at the store!
            Today, 11:39 AM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            Reply to New tools
            by Linda In Phoenix
            New tools can definitely open up the scope of what we can do, or how well I'm on the band wagon. Congrats!
            Today, 11:36 AM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            Reply to Interesting pallet
            by Linda In Phoenix
            At work (like 15 years ago) we got in some aluminum sheet on pallets 4'x12'. Those pallets were like brand new, without even any discoloring from the metals. I asked our sales rep, and he said I could keep one pallet. I removed all the 4' boards, which measured about 1/2" thick, 4" wide...
            Today, 11:32 AM
          • NC Scroller
            Reply to Interesting pallet
            by NC Scroller
            I agree that needs to be saved for a special project. The wood is likely oak based on the grain pattern and the discoloration around the nail.
            Today, 11:30 AM
          Working...
          X