Long Island Woodworkers Online Video Library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Island Woodworkers Online Video Library

I wasn't sure where to post this link but it is an exchange of info so these sounds like as good a spot as any
    http://liwoodworkers.org/media/video/onlinelibrary.asp
    The scroll saw video is very informative for beginners.
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Thanks for the plug.

I have the pleasure of being both a member of the LI woodworkers club and the Long Island Scrollsaw association (LISA) We had a meeting last night.
    It is amazing how much information you can pick up from a group, as we all know from this forum.

If you go to the gallery page you can see some of the variety and quality of the work that our members create.
    Alain P. Tiercy is one of our most talented scrollers
    Last edited by Rolf; 08-18-2006, 06:56 AM.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

That site has to be one of the most valuable resources for scrollers on the web.
      The Long Island woodworkers deserve our congratulations and thanks for creating it.

Gill
      There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
      (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Thanks for that link Carl.

I made sure to add it to my favorites folder. It seems to contain a lot of good information.

Rolf, Congrats to whomever maintains the site. It is refreshing to see content shared like that.

Regards,
        Marcel
        http://marleb.com
        DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

It is nice to here positive comments about our club and web site. Thanks

Our club has about 300 members and it is just like the web site when it comes to sharing skills and information.
          We have lots of seminars and presentations by some very talented and sometimes famous people.
          I wish I had more time to take advantage of it all.
          We have 2 special interest groups, the scrollers and the wood turners.

If you haven't checked out the gallery and you get a chance take a look at our club presidents (Mike Daum) work. Also impressive to me is Ed Kelle wood turnings, he used to be a scroller but has turned to turning.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
            Reply to Shrink wrap systems
            by NC Scroller
            My process is a bit different. Since I am using heat shrink bags when you seal the open end you trap a lot of air in them. When you start to heat the bag to shrink it you create a large bubble. I continue to heat the bag until it does pop a hole. I have been doing this for years. The shrink wrap...
            Today, 07:42 AM
          • will8989
            by will8989
            None Linda. You need to find the right heat temp so it shrinks but doesn’t put a hole in the wrap but the tape doesn’t shrink or tear.
            Today, 12:20 AM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            by Linda In Phoenix
            What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
            The bags seem easier on the surface.
            But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
            Yesterday, 03:24 PM
          • will8989
            Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
            by will8989
            Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
            Yesterday, 10:32 AM
          • Sandy Oaks
            by Sandy Oaks
            As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
            Yesterday, 09:46 AM
          Working...
          X