Custom sign for a friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom sign for a friend

I told my physical therapist about my wood working hobby so she asked me to make this sign for her.
    As it will be hanging out side I decided to use Veraboard (PVC) instead of wood. 3/4 thick 13-1/2 W and 12" tall I cut the shape on the scrollsaw. I did have to slow it down to keep it from re-welding together. Sanded and routed the edges. The paws are power carved. I was going to rout the letters but since she wanted the sign black I cut vinyl letters on a Cricut put them in place and also ran narrow vinyl strips around the border. I then sprayed it a couple of coats satin black. When dry I peeled off the vinyl letters. She also wanted the paws silver.
    Something different and fun. I just have to figure out what to charge her.
    Dog sign finished.jpg
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Rolf, that's a great looking sign, charge her what the physical therapist charges, RJ
    Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

Originally posted by RJweb View Post
      Rolf, that's a great looking sign, charge her what the physical therapist charges, RJ
      What is “charged” and what is actually “paid” is two totally different things (especially if insurance is involved. 😉🙂) Further, depending on the role of the therapist (do they own the practice or are they simply an employee), what they “earn” for their work is not anywhere near what is “charged” or “paid.” 🙂 True of most health care providers.

it is a beautiful sign Rolf and great use of several tools and techniques to get it done. She will love it I am sure. Figuring out what to charge, that’s the hardest part.
      Melanie from East TN

Comment

Awesome Sign!!! Let's see.....1 sign for 2 complimentary visits? Take it out in trade!
        Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

I agree with Linda.
          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

She owns the business and has become a friend. I charged her for my material cost and a bit of time. Her reaction when I gave it to her was priceless. Like a little kid at Christmas. It is these kind of personal interaction that make this hobby special for me.
            Rolf
            RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

It’s great when we can bless someone with a gift crafted from the heart that we can see is totally appreciated. There was no doubt that she was going to love it. Glad it brought joy to you both.
              Melanie from East TN

Comment

The very best feeling I get at Christmas is when we exchange gifts with our families. At Bruce’s brother’s house we are now up to 18 with the addition of 2 nephews and 2 niece-in laws. They can’t open until everyone has their gift. They get a gift plus ornament. Takes awhile to collect all those hugs! Better get busy. This year I need a total of 33.
                Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                  Reply to Bruce’s new toys
                  by will8989
                  I forgot to mention the 5000 watt(?) generator his brother gave him. His brother does house remodeling and lots of times people give him “stuff” just to get rid of it. Bruce had to drain the gas, change the fuel lines and some other minor things for $35 and it starts on the first pull....
                  Today, 09:20 AM
                • will8989
                  by will8989
                  This is his $40 haul. The paint bush was never used. He cleaned up the grinder. He added up all the attachments and brand new everything would be almost $800. This was their yearly tool swap. Every month members bring things they don’t need and swap smaller items. Even scrap wood. Anything 5”x5”...
                  Today, 09:06 AM
                • Rolf
                  by Rolf
                  That is what our woodworking group does for the members if sadly needed....
                  Today, 08:49 AM
                • Rolf
                  Reply to Hi All
                  by Rolf
                  Where are you located in England? I was at RAF Lakenheath back in the early 70's and bought my 70 TVR Vixen, which I still have. I absolutely loved my time there.!...
                  Today, 08:46 AM
                • Kingpin
                  Reply to Hi All
                  by Kingpin
                  all for the warm welcome 😎
                  Today, 07:03 AM
                Working...
                X