Sorting and culling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorting and culling

Heavy thunderstorms here today, so I decided to go through my Christmas patterns and "organize" and get rid of the wishful thinking patterns I have collected.

Cold drink, three hole punch and a folder full of potential sawdust makers.

I discovered I have a really bad addiction to:
    1. Someday patterns that I knew when I bought/printed them, there was a 50% chance of ever seeing a blade.

2. The photocopy machine. When I was still working, I would scan pattern to a flash drive and then make copies as needed. But i would make numerous copies--just in case.

So, after punching many patterns and putting more in sheet protectors, I have vowed to not hoard patterns. I figure this will last until the next issue comes out or Steve Good publishes his next newsletter.

Jim
    When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
    Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Know what you mean.I have binders full! I cleaned out most of the “someday” patterns. Operative word “most”.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I too have patterns of "good intentions". Impulse loves I just knew I would make. It's amazing how they add up so quickly!
      Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

I too am very guilty of this. All my patterns are separated into categories and then placed in file folders, and I keep all of them in a 3-drawer filing cabinet. I was going thru them last night for a particular pattern and seemed like all I was saying to myself was "Oh yeah, I was going to do this one or that one. If I were to take them out and lay them on my work bench as a to do pile, I don't think there would be room for me to do any work.

And yet there are times when I can't find a pattern. I've been selling some of my stuff down at a convenance store here in town. They've allowed me a corner of the counter to place items. Someone was in the other day, bought two of the welcome signs and then wanted another of the signs plus one that had a baseball theme. Now back in the day when I worked at the print shop this probably wouldn't have been an issue. But this time around it too a little longer to come up with something and then be able to print it out. But the lady was happy with what I did and instantly ordered 3 more of the same welcome sign,

Dan A

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
          Reply to Bruce’s new toys
          by will8989
          I forgot to mention the 5000 watt(?) generator his brother gave him. His brother does house remodeling and lots of times people give him “stuff” just to get rid of it. Bruce had to drain the gas, change the fuel lines and some other minor things for $35 and it starts on the first pull....
          Today, 09:20 AM
        • will8989
          by will8989
          This is his $40 haul. The paint bush was never used. He cleaned up the grinder. He added up all the attachments and brand new everything would be almost $800. This was their yearly tool swap. Every month members bring things they don’t need and swap smaller items. Even scrap wood. Anything 5”x5”...
          Today, 09:06 AM
        • Rolf
          by Rolf
          That is what our woodworking group does for the members if sadly needed....
          Today, 08:49 AM
        • Rolf
          Reply to Hi All
          by Rolf
          Where are you located in England? I was at RAF Lakenheath back in the early 70's and bought my 70 TVR Vixen, which I still have. I absolutely loved my time there.!...
          Today, 08:46 AM
        • Kingpin
          Reply to Hi All
          by Kingpin
          all for the warm welcome 😎
          Today, 07:03 AM
        Working...
        X