No announcement yet.

Something different that I tried.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You and Bruce would make a good “think tank”. Seriously, when he does something, thinks about, does it again, thinks again, etc. Maybe that’s why he gets $185 for his doughboards.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Love the idea and the results. Well done.. 2 years ago, I also explored the idea to do something sort of an insert on a vase or a round object with the scrollsaw.. It was not conclusif at that time, mind you I didn’t have the right tools also.. I like being creative and challenging my own perception of limitation.. 😊.
      Attached Files

Comment

I am so glad you joined our group! So many great ideas. On the round vessel insert I assume you traced the outline of the plug. How did you cut it out for such a nice fit?
        Rolf
        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
          I am so glad you joined our group! So many great ideas. On the round vessel insert I assume you traced the outline of the plug. How did you cut it out for such a nice fit?
          Thank you Rolf!

As I recalled, and looking at the piece now. I think before gluing all the rings together, yes I traced the inside of the last one which became the outer line of the insert and traced a second line about 1/4 in smaller, cut the traced piece and glued it to the cover piece while holding it in place with the top ring as a guide.. Then after all the rings were glued I believe I cut a square line on the vessel (I didn’t have a bandsaw then so I must have done with the scrollsaw so it’s not totally straight). Then I glued the square piece of mahogany to which I had cut a pattern before hand. Then I sanded it down.. Does it make sense?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by ChrisPel; 04-15-2022, 12:11 PM.

Comment

I was thinking more about the round jar one.
            Rolf
            RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
              I was thinking more about the round jar one.
              My bad.. Almost the same principle though.. I cut the circle leaving space inside, glue three rings, cut a square line in the material and glue in insert about the dimensions of the cut, then sanded. I had to leave more material inside the middle ring with the angle the vase was cut..

Happy Easter weekend!
              Attached Files

Comment

Really nice, and such a tight inlay.
                Floyd

Harrison Arkansas

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...