Newbie question about Eclipse scrollsaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie question about Eclipse scrollsaw

I've located an Eclipse Model 2005 in a backyard shed and really don't know anything more about it. It looks like it's in one piece and in good shape, but haven't actually pulled it out to really look at it. Is there anything I should be looking for as far as maintenance issues, condition problems, what's it worth?? I've got a little Wen but would really like to upgrade if the path is not too steep.

There's also an Excaliber stuffed in the building. Any idea on price range for that one?

After reading through quite a few posts here I notice that Rick-H and Rainman2014 are Eclipse owners, but have not been active on this forum for a few years. Is there anyone else here who may have used an Eclipse scroll saw?—and what has happened to the Eclipse producer. From what I can gather online he (Eric?) is no longer making this saw.

Comment

The designer and builder of the saw has passed away. Unfortunately no one bought the rights to continue making it. It is a very complex saw.
      There was a group of owners that were providing each other support. I have not heard anything about them for some time. All you can do is do some internet digging.
      Rolf
      RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

If the excaliber is made in Taiwan, I would buy it. Check the data plaate

If the price is right on the eclipse, I would buy it too. Here are two link I had for eclipse, I am not sure how active they are

https://forum.scrollsawer.com/forum/...oll-saw-owners

https://www.facebook.com/groups/EclipseScrollSaw

Jim
        Texas - The Republic
        With the exception of hand guns and Tequila, computers have caused more problems than anything else

Comment

For documentation on the Eclipse saw, you can see the information and comments in the Scrollsaw Village here: https://www.scrollsawvillage.com/scr.../?tab=comments

There are also some members over there who may have or be familiar with it. I also believe Judy Gale Roberts has one in her shop classroom. Her website is Intarsia.com. Unfortunately, the designer and developer of that saw, Ernie, passed away a few years ago.
          Melanie from East TN

Comment

Just curious, how much are they asking for the Eclipse?
            "Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

Comment

I have an Eclipse serial number 69. It is the only saw that has true up and down movement of the blade.
              These saws were built yo last. When Ernie pass the going price was $1750 for a saw.
              The Facebook group is a good resource for information.
              They have a complete parts list and sources if you need parts.

Comment

It was in one piece when I got it, but opened it up and looks like a mouse has been busy. Need to completely disassemble and clean. Motor hums, upper blade holder is stuck. Some other issues. I should be able to get it for a "good" price. Any suggestions on the job would be helpful and appreciated.
                Last edited by lwalper; 12-22-2021, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimern View Post
                  If the excaliber is made in Taiwan, I would buy it. Check the data plaate

If the price is right on the eclipse, I would buy it too. Here are two link I had for eclipse, I am not sure how active they are

https://forum.scrollsawer.com/forum/...oll-saw-owners

https://www.facebook.com/groups/EclipseScrollSaw
                  So, the Excalibur is a 21" Taiwan model -- with some issues also, but it is a running saw. Being stored in the shed for a couple of years didn't do it any good either. If I can get the Eclipse for free (it's currently a boat anchor) I'll do that and give me a project. The Excalibur may be what I actually buy. It's got a bit of vibration that needs to be checked out. I was thinking about offering something like $300 for it.

Comment

When setting up the Excalibur make sure the upper arm is parallel to the table. If not it will impact the vibration. You adjust it with the back knob.
                    The Eclipse looks to be an interesting project. Take lots of pictures before you remove any part.
                    Rolf
                    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
                      Take lots of pictures before you remove any part.
                      Heard that!!

Actually purchased the Excalibur for $325 and was given the Eclipse as a "project" saw. We'll see how it goes. The transformer looks a chewed on and dirty, but may be OK. It looks like a custom made unit. I'll need to check that out more closely. Looks like the top half of the case comes off with two bolts. There aren't really any access plates to be able to see inside. I dunno??

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                        Reply to Hope everyone had a safe holiday.
                        by will8989
                        Sorry to hear that Scott. Bruce had it but I never did. And I try to isolate from Bruce whenever I can. 🤪 We were even around our son and grandson right before they were diagnosed and nothing for us. I guess I overdid the shopping Carole. I tried to sign onto our bank tonight and it is “temporarily...
                        Yesterday, 11:31 PM
                      • Jim McDonald
                        by Jim McDonald
                        My saw is in a severe state of depression due to alleged abandonment. We have been clearing Becky's office since her retirement. She one of the last two original occupants of that new building in 2001, so it has been a lot of trips to the recycling bin with student thesis files, convention papers and...
                        Yesterday, 07:07 PM
                      • Redlee
                        Hello all, new here.
                        by Redlee
                        New here and looking for some help and guidance on scroll work and saws.
                        I have a Hegner M25S and have recently made some upgrades and would like to improve the blade clamping. So looking for ideas and help.
                        Thanks
                        Yesterday, 05:54 PM
                      • Ralph123
                        Reply to Clock hardware Kits.
                        by Ralph123
                        I didn't get the message. What address did you send it to?
                        Yesterday, 02:05 PM
                      • meflick
                        by meflick
                        Whatever therapy works for you - is a good therapy. Glad your touch/retail therapy was beneficial for you Betty.

Scott, I am so sorry to ear that you and your wife have both had to fight through Covid. I hope this means that you are both on your way to healing, if a bit slowly....
                        Yesterday, 12:14 PM
                      Working...
                      X