Gift card holders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gift card holders

I am looking for the pattern of the gift card holders that everyone is talking about making, going to be giving out a lot of gift cards this year, thx RJ
    Life Begins @ 190 MPH

You could check Steve Good website, he has some

Comment

I will second the card holder from Steve https://www.stevedgood.com/giftcardholder.pdf

The only thing I did different is that I used 3 pieces of 1/8 strips for the middle.

Don McFarland ​Member - Durham Woodworking Club http://www.durhamwoodworkingclub.com/

Comment

Thx for the quick response, that’s what I was looking for, so Don you didn’t cut the middle as one piece, but just cut the strips and qlued in, correct? Thx RJ
        Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

I leave the back solid, and also use the 3 strips.

Once you have the basic pattern, you can replace the cut-out with anything you can cut. I have over 100 designs.

Comment

Hubby preps all wood to 1/8”. I stack cut 6 at a time. I use 2 cut outs for each holder and tell people they can use as an ornament. Hubby gives me stacks of blanks with cuts on the sides so all I have to do is cut across the bottom and remove the wood so I have a rim. I also stack cut them. So far this year I have sold 300 and counting. I have a love/hate feeling of these cardholders.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by will8989; 11-21-2021, 11:06 PM.
            Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I d one large craft show every year and these are my best sellers. Like several others I use strips of 1/8" for my inner layer. I even made me a jig so I can cut those strips to consistent sizes. Instead of adding a design to the front, the back has no design, I put a letter. My experince is people buy one for each of the people on their list. What I use for my letters is from this website. The size I like is 225 and the font is called LobseterTwo.

Letter stencil maker (woodgears.ca)
              card holder.jpg card holder jig.jpg
              Scott
              Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Thx for all the information on the card holders, will get making some after thanksgiving for Christmas, we are doing gift cards this year, much easier, thx RJ
                Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X