Gift card holders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gift card holders

I am looking for the pattern of the gift card holders that everyone is talking about making, going to be giving out a lot of gift cards this year, thx RJ
    Life Begins @ 190 MPH

You could check Steve Good website, he has some

Comment

I will second the card holder from Steve https://www.stevedgood.com/giftcardholder.pdf

The only thing I did different is that I used 3 pieces of 1/8 strips for the middle.

Don McFarland ​Member - Durham Woodworking Club http://www.durhamwoodworkingclub.com/

Comment

Thx for the quick response, that’s what I was looking for, so Don you didn’t cut the middle as one piece, but just cut the strips and qlued in, correct? Thx RJ
        Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

I leave the back solid, and also use the 3 strips.

Once you have the basic pattern, you can replace the cut-out with anything you can cut. I have over 100 designs.

Comment

Hubby preps all wood to 1/8”. I stack cut 6 at a time. I use 2 cut outs for each holder and tell people they can use as an ornament. Hubby gives me stacks of blanks with cuts on the sides so all I have to do is cut across the bottom and remove the wood so I have a rim. I also stack cut them. So far this year I have sold 300 and counting. I have a love/hate feeling of these cardholders.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by will8989; 11-21-2021, 11:06 PM.
            Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I d one large craft show every year and these are my best sellers. Like several others I use strips of 1/8" for my inner layer. I even made me a jig so I can cut those strips to consistent sizes. Instead of adding a design to the front, the back has no design, I put a letter. My experince is people buy one for each of the people on their list. What I use for my letters is from this website. The size I like is 225 and the font is called LobseterTwo.

Letter stencil maker (woodgears.ca)
              card holder.jpg card holder jig.jpg
              Scott
              Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Thx for all the information on the card holders, will get making some after thanksgiving for Christmas, we are doing gift cards this year, much easier, thx RJ
                Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

Gift cards are great gifts and I often learn how to make them myself to make my gift cards special. I just use simple pieces of cotton fabric and make them myself. You only need two different prints and some interfacing. You can use Velcro as a closure or Kam Snaps like I did. If you want details and are interested in, I can send you instructions.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• cwmagee
                    Reply to Rikon Air Cleaner
                    by cwmagee
                    I wish Bruce a speedy recovery. If his recovery is similar as that of a friend he will be up and around in no time at all. My friends is over weight and had both knees done 5 days apart. Physical therapy helpd alot.
                    Today, 08:47 PM
                  • Tango
                    Reply to rbi Hawk scroll saw spring
                    by Tango
                    I had to replace the motor on my Hawk that we purchased new in 2002. I just called up Hawk & they had me send them my motor the power switch. He needed to collaborate the new motor and to my power switch. The new motor was sent back with in the week. I did this back in 2018 and it was a little...
                    Today, 04:06 PM
                  • surrealdreams
                    Reply to Help with spray adhesive
                    by surrealdreams
                    I've tried label paper as well. It peels off reasonably well, although different brands will probably perform differently. When it doesn't come off easily, I have a little heat gun that makes release quickly. When I have used 3M spray adhesive and left it on for too long, a hair dryer or heat gun...
                    Today, 02:47 PM
                  • Scroll Saw Bob
                    Reply to rbi Hawk scroll saw spring
                    by Scroll Saw Bob
                    Rolf, What is the voltage, H.P., and rpm on the motor on your G4?
                    Today, 01:06 PM
                  • planeur
                    Reply to Insertion of a marquetry pattern in a stained glass window
                    by planeur
                    It is me again....😉 with an other try which I think is the good one.
                    Lets compare :

the original stained glass before it broke

the same with broken glass

my first work to fill the hole

or

Today, 11:34 AM
                  Working...
                  X