Dream Catcher with Rose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream Catcher with Rose

I finished the special request Dream Catcher Rose. The rose is made from Purpleheart. The dream catcher is made from Ash and the feathers are made from Maple and Walnut. The design is by Sue Mey and modified with the rose. Cut on the Pegas scroll saw using several types of Pegas blades. The finish is MinWax Lacquer Clear Satin.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Very nice, Denny. The dream catcher as well as the sign and bowl look great. Excellent job.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney Brown View Post
      Very nice, Denny. The dream catcher as well as the sign and bowl look great. Excellent job.
      Thanks Rodney. I forgot the sign was there. Helps explain scrolling.
      Denny

Comment

I’m making a few for the market but enlarged the feathers by 10%. I also have the heart one by Sue Mey. They are fun to do.
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I always love dreamcatchers. Nice!
          Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Originally posted by will8989 View Post
            I’m making a few for the market but enlarged the feathers by 10%. I also have the heart one by Sue Mey. They are fun to do.
            Way to go Betty. This is the third one for this customer
            Denny

Comment

Originally posted by Linda In Phoenix View Post
              I always love dreamcatchers. Nice!
              Thanks Linda.
              Denny

Comment

That came out really nice. The contrasting woods really stand out.
                Rolf
                RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
                  That came out really nice. The contrasting woods really stand out.
                  Thanks Rolf. It was a fun project.
                  Denny

Comment

Lovely job with the dream catcher, and I'm sure the recipient will be delighted.

I did get a chuckle about the instructional sign, and think that bowl looks just a bit familiar . . . .
                    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

They really don’t take long to cut. My biggest road block was deciding on the colors of the beads for the kids! But they had to be perfect for the grandkids. I am also enlarging the feathers by 10%. I thought they were out of proportion in size. The stress we put on ourselves for something fun to do! Where did you get the rose pattern?
                      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Originally posted by handibunny View Post
                        Lovely job with the dream catcher, and I'm sure the recipient will be delighted.

I did get a chuckle about the instructional sign, and think that bowl looks just a bit familiar . . . .
                        Thanks Carole. It is surprising how many people have no idea about a scroll saw. Yes, that bowl should be familiar. Made several years ago.
                        Denny

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X