Weekend project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend project

This is a Steve Good pattern cut in 1/4 BB with Pegus #3 MGT. This was the first time I did a stack cut on anything this size. The finishes are natural and red pine Minwax followed with 4 coats of gloss with 300 grit sanding between coats. The backers are painted card stock which worked out rather well. The reason I didn't use a backer "board" was to keep the projects thin so they would fit into a standard 8 x 10 frame.
    Attached Files

Thanks for Sharing, your nice work.

Comment

Very well done with nice clean lines. Since you stacked two 1/4", the #3R MGT blade is the right choice. If ordering Pegas blades, check out my website: artcraftersonline.com
      Denny
      ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Oaks View Post
        Very well done with nice clean lines. Since you stacked two 1/4", the #3R MGT blade is the right choice. If ordering Pegas blades, check out my website: artcraftersonline.com
        Denny, Thanks for the compliment! Yes, I'll be needing more Pegus blades in the future. Unfortunately I was (still am) learning the members of the forum and did not realize you sold Pegus blades until after I had placed my order. Thanks!

Comment

Hi Rodney! Nicely cut. I love the black backing especially.
          Your explanation for the thin 1/4" wood makes total sense when it comes to framing. I did a detailed Iwo Jima on 1/4" as well as 1/8" thick, both framed. The feedback I got from a 60-90 year old group of guys was the 1/8" was hands down preferred---their opinion was that the majority have more difficulty seeing the design when the wood is thicker if you are not directly in front of the piece.
          So be bold and try different thicknesses!!!
          Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Originally posted by Linda In Phoenix View Post
            Hi Rodney! Nicely cut. I love the black backing especially.
            Your explanation for the thin 1/4" wood makes total sense when it comes to framing. I did a detailed Iwo Jima on 1/4" as well as 1/8" thick, both framed. The feedback I got from a 60-90 year old group of guys was the 1/8" was hands down preferred---their opinion was that the majority have more difficulty seeing the design when the wood is thicker if you are not directly in front of the piece.
            So be bold and try different thicknesses!!!
            Thanks Linda. I have tried a wide (pun intended) verity of thicknesses. I cut a Mother's Day rose that was at least 1 1/2 inches thick. That's where I learned that I was doing too much pushing against the blade and not letting the blade and saw do the work. The thin strips between frets would cut through at the bottom of the piece. Luckily the finish product was pretty nice and my mom still loved it. Unfortunately, I fall into that age group myself.

Comment

Rodney, I will admit I'm in that group. The younger people are too busy with kids and getting a good foothold in careers to have time for hobbies. I know I didn't even start scrolling til my daughter went away to college. I've loved it ever since!
              Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X