Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quartz43
    replied
    The tray is about 8 x10. Normally, I use Danish oil for puzzles but the Purple Heart is very dense. I used Minwax finishing wax on the puzzle pieces as well as a lot of other projects.

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    Really nice, it pops in the purple heart. What is the overall size of this piece? Is the wax a mix?

I am making a bunch of puzzles and for the first time using Danish oil. So far I like it.

Leave a comment:

• Misouri Wayne
    replied
    "Way cute!" about covers it.

Leave a comment:

• Quartz43
    replied
    Just a clarification.... The puzzle is not painted but is only waxed. The tray has a couple coats of shellac.

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    replied
    Love the case with his name and the paint job. So cute.

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Oaks
    replied
    Wow, that is way cute.

Leave a comment:

• Quartz43
    started a topic Sam the Dinosaur

Sam the Dinosaur

My Grandson has a dinosaur themed birthday next week as he really likes dinosaurs. My wife made some stuffed animals from a pattern called Sam the Dinosaur.and also a dinosaur quilt.

My contribution was a puzzle. I used the pattern outline from the stuffy and drew my own puzzle. The dinosaur is made from one inch thick Purple Heart which is finished with wax. I cut the Purple Heart with a PS Woods Super Sharp blade and was tough cutting. The tray is is Baltic Birch and finished with Shellac.

The small letters were cut from walnut and a cutout in the tray was made for them. The area around the letters was filled with a clear casting resin.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X