Sam the Dinosaur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam the Dinosaur

My Grandson has a dinosaur themed birthday next week as he really likes dinosaurs. My wife made some stuffed animals from a pattern called Sam the Dinosaur.and also a dinosaur quilt.

My contribution was a puzzle. I used the pattern outline from the stuffy and drew my own puzzle. The dinosaur is made from one inch thick Purple Heart which is finished with wax. I cut the Purple Heart with a PS Woods Super Sharp blade and was tough cutting. The tray is is Baltic Birch and finished with Shellac.

The small letters were cut from walnut and a cutout in the tray was made for them. The area around the letters was filled with a clear casting resin.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Wow, that is way cute.
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Love the case with his name and the paint job. So cute.
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Just a clarification.... The puzzle is not painted but is only waxed. The tray has a couple coats of shellac.

Comment

"Way cute!" about covers it.
          "Time to Give Back"

Comment

Really nice, it pops in the purple heart. What is the overall size of this piece? Is the wax a mix?

I am making a bunch of puzzles and for the first time using Danish oil. So far I like it.
            Rolf
            RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

The tray is about 8 x10. Normally, I use Danish oil for puzzles but the Purple Heart is very dense. I used Minwax finishing wax on the puzzle pieces as well as a lot of other projects.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X