Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woodgrain Worked Against Me

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rolf
    replied
    Like Linda said you guy make a great team. The end result really looks great.

    Leave a comment:


  • Linda In Phoenix
    replied
    Rodney you and your wife make a great team! Very nicely done sir.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jim McDonald
    replied
    Woodgrain is like a straw sucking in the pigment, but I think you did a good job on a complex piece. Lots of patience for this pattern.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rodney Brown
    replied
    Thanks Rolf,
    I actually tried painting the inside of the cuts before removing the pattern and tape. I initially used packing tape because I was out of painters tape. When I sprayed the cuts, apparently the paint bled into the fibers of the wood. But I have to say I have been redeemed by my wife. Since the project was hers, she wasn't happy with the light and dark contrast between the two grains and decided to work on it herself. Below is her final results. I must say she did a fantastic job.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Rolf
    replied
    Nice project, I really like the design. You did use a tough piece of material, I would normally suggest cutting at least 3 layers of 1/8 BB because you will get requests of them. I am curious as to why you got some black bleeding into the grain? Is this mounted on a black backer ?

    Leave a comment:


  • Rodney Brown
    started a topic Woodgrain Worked Against Me

    Woodgrain Worked Against Me

    This is my latest project and I'm still up in the air about it. The wood was reclaimed from a table that someone had thrown away. It is 3/4 MDF with veneer on both sides. The project is 11 x 14 and is pretty heavy. The pattern was from "Grandpa" and I believe his real name is Paul. I used Pegus MGT #3 and #5 and I used a few FD #5 UR. It was rough on blades and because of the weight, it was chore cutting it out on my small table. I actually sanded it down to 300, finished with natural oil stain and coated it with a half dozen coats of clear gloss. The picture looks as though it would be rough but it is actually smooth. Lion Project.jpg

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X