Bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass

Bass plaque is finished. The pattern is by Steve Good. It was cut using 1/4" Baltic Birch plywood and backed with 3/8" Baltic Birch plywood stained Walnut. It was cut on the Pegas Scroll Saw using Pegas #1R MGT and #0 Spiral blades. The finish was one dipping in diluted Shellac and two coats MinWax Lacquer Clear Satin with light sanding between coats. Comments welcome.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Nice job, Denny. That's a lunker of a project!

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney Brown View Post
      Nice job, Denny. That's a lunker of a project!
      Thanks Rodney. Actually a pretty small bass. The project is 8" x 10".
      Denny

Comment

Very nice Denny, RJ
        Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

I love the use of negative space for the person, and your contrasting colors really set it off. Question--if instead of using baltic birch for the backer you were to use 4ply mat board---how would you attach a suitable hanger? Someone has me thinking that with the price of wood that might be a good idea if we can figure out the hanging part!
          Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Oaks View Post

Thanks Rodney. Actually a pretty small bass. The project is 8" x 10".
            Nice job Denny. Steve intentionally makes projects that will fit on a 8x10 sheet as many of his readers do not the the equipment, supplies or skills to print on larger paper.
            Scott
            Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Originally posted by RJweb View Post
              Very nice Denny, RJ
              Thanks RJ.
              Denny

Comment

Originally posted by Linda In Phoenix View Post
                I love the use of negative space for the person, and your contrasting colors really set it off. Question--if instead of using baltic birch for the backer you were to use 4ply mat board---how would you attach a suitable hanger? Someone has me thinking that with the price of wood that might be a good idea if we can figure out the hanging part!
                Thanks Linda. There are two problems. How to attach the mat board to the object and how to attach a hanger. I do use mat boards, but on portrait style to be framed. I used DHangers on this one. That is why I used 3/8” plywood as a backer.
                Denny

Comment

Originally posted by NC Scroller View Post

Nice job Denny. Steve intentionally makes projects that will fit on a 8x10 sheet as many of his readers do not the the equipment, supplies or skills to print on larger paper.
                  Thanks Scott. On this pattern, Steve has two sizes. I chose the smaller pattern.
                  Denny

Comment

If you chose to use matt board I would use D hangers like Denny with a screw that does through the matt and into the wood.
                    Rolf
                    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Couldn't you hot glue saw tooth hangers to the back of the mat board?

Karl
                      Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

I’ve been getting my plywood from Wurth Wood Group. I got 3 sheets of 5x8 1/4” Baltic birch for $35. I don’t know where they’re located but maybe there’s one nearby.
                        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Originally posted by will8989 View Post
                          I’ve been getting my plywood from Wurth Wood Group. I got 3 sheets of 5x8 1/4” Baltic birch for $35. I don’t know where they’re located but maybe there’s one nearby.
                          You mean 4'x8' sheets? Is that $35 each?

Locations (wurthwoodgroup.com)
                          Scott
                          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

5x5 Baltic birch b/bb 5ply-vcm 6mm. 49.48 for 2. Of course that was in February. Who knows what it is now. Still a good deal. Just checked the invoice.
                            Last edited by will8989; 07-20-2021, 12:01 PM.
                            Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                              Reply to Tough Decisions
                              by will8989
                              Scott, I was referring to her pms to Bill Wilson and Quartz. They posted her reply by pms instead of on here.
                              Would be nice Quartz. I asked got Bob to put the issue next tp patterns and he said something about real estate. He found a way to do it and didn’t lose any real estate. Guess they don’t...
                              Today, 10:57 AM
                            • Quartz43
                              Reply to Tough Decisions
                              by Quartz43
                              I would be pleased if FC at least did a trial of printing A pattern on regular sized text and also providing a scale up factor. Their resistance to do anything if a real pain. It was a similar lack of action with the website that resulted in lost viewers.
                              Today, 09:46 AM
                            • NC Scroller
                              Reply to Tough Decisions
                              by NC Scroller
                              I think Kelly did that because I wrote a letter to the editor complaining about an article in the last addition. It was the article about staying connected online and it didn't mention the FC forum....
                              Today, 06:36 AM
                            • hotshot
                              Reply to Demo display
                              by hotshot
                              The fastest I've ever seen one of those 3d deer cuts was by Rick Hutcheson. That man was super fast when we was working the shows.

Here he is much more recently, and a bit slower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riPDY6M-Lv8

Here is the pattern on Ricks' site: http://www....
                              Yesterday, 10:58 PM
                            • Linda In Phoenix
                              Reply to Woodgrain Worked Against Me
                              by Linda In Phoenix
                              Rodney you and your wife make a great team! Very nicely done sir.
                              Yesterday, 07:08 PM
                            Working...
                            X