Jig saw "yard" art -- this year's Xmas display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jig saw "yard" art -- this year's Xmas display

Each of the past 4 years a local restaurant franchise has commissioned me to do come up with artwork and make big pieces for their drive-thru they'll use at Christmas. They don't rotate them, they just keep adding to them (it's a huge long drive-thru. Year 1 was a xmas train. Year 2 was goofing off cows. Year 3 was a nativity. This year-- ice skating cows (yes this is in Phoenix where summers get no snow) as well as a dessert truck. The smallest thing I make for them is 5 feet high, or across. The biggest was 10 feet tall x 4 feet. The pics taken here are in front of a 2-1/2 car garage--just to give you perspective. I'm sharing this with you folks just because I like you all, and hope these images bring a smile to your day. Thanks for letting me share!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.
    Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Thanks for sharing Linda. Not only do you scroll but you paint as well. Impressive.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

I like them all but the ice cream truck is my favorite! I can't imagine doing something that big. I usually go to the other extreme.
      Rolf
      RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

That is amazing, Linda. Brought more than a smile, thanks.
        Denny
        ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

That is some big sawdust pile!
          Great work on cutting and finishing.
          Jim
          When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
          Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Thanks guys! The size is a pain but the result is so fun. The food truck was hardest to paint well---I don't do upright (easel style) at all well, so it was laying down when being painted. Picture how unsteady the paint brush hand can be when you have to stand on your tip toes to reach the middle of the board. I'm lucky in a way. The gal who commissions them from me give me the theme, and then she just lets me go in my own direction. This year's guidance was "fun ice skating cows, a dessert food truck, and a sign holding logo cow (this one to be used a variety of seasons)." The first year it intimidated me to no end. The 2nd year was better. The 3rd year was I got this. This year was "Oh yah, I totally have this covered!"
            Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Makes me wish the rain falling was snow! When you get the whole display set up take pictures. Love the cows falling! Looks like Bruce when he tried ice skating many years ago.
              Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Good Look work. Keep on making saw dust

Comment

Great job! I'm sure the results of this job will guarantee another commission for next year. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                    Reply to Tough Decisions
                    by will8989
                    Scott, I was referring to her pms to Bill Wilson and Quartz. They posted her reply by pms instead of on here.
                    Would be nice Quartz. I asked got Bob to put the issue next tp patterns and he said something about real estate. He found a way to do it and didn’t lose any real estate. Guess they don’t...
                    Today, 10:57 AM
                  • Quartz43
                    Reply to Tough Decisions
                    by Quartz43
                    I would be pleased if FC at least did a trial of printing A pattern on regular sized text and also providing a scale up factor. Their resistance to do anything if a real pain. It was a similar lack of action with the website that resulted in lost viewers.
                    Today, 09:46 AM
                  • NC Scroller
                    Reply to Tough Decisions
                    by NC Scroller
                    I think Kelly did that because I wrote a letter to the editor complaining about an article in the last addition. It was the article about staying connected online and it didn't mention the FC forum....
                    Today, 06:36 AM
                  • hotshot
                    Reply to Demo display
                    by hotshot
                    The fastest I've ever seen one of those 3d deer cuts was by Rick Hutcheson. That man was super fast when we was working the shows.

Here he is much more recently, and a bit slower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riPDY6M-Lv8

Here is the pattern on Ricks' site: http://www....
                    Yesterday, 10:58 PM
                  • Linda In Phoenix
                    Reply to Woodgrain Worked Against Me
                    by Linda In Phoenix
                    Rodney you and your wife make a great team! Very nicely done sir.
                    Yesterday, 07:08 PM
                  Working...
                  X