Boat and lighthouse from SSW mag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat and lighthouse from SSW mag

Saw this in the latest mag. Design by Sheila Landry. She suggested blue pine for the background. Not having access to that wood, I painted the background for these hoping to emulate her mag photos. Frames were purchased used from Habitat Resale Store, cut to size and reassembled, Touched up the color with some gel stain and sprayed a coat of clear semi-gloss. Will probably donate them to a charity auction for a hospital in Haiti. Fun project!
    20210526_114017.jpg 20210526_114032.jpg
    Attached Files

Your work is beautiful. I never thought to cut down frames to size. Ingenious! Someone at that auction will be happy with those pieces.
    Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

You nailed it all aspects.
      Scott
      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Very well done and such a worthy cause.
        Denny
        ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Linda, I think the frames cost me $2 each. A lot cheaper than buying the wood and less time finishing them. 🙂
          I encourage all to consider the Habitat Resale stores if there is one near you. They carry all kinds of items including building materials. Your purchases support their overall goal of providing homes for low income families.

Comment

We have a habitat next to Costco by us. They have some really nice stuff. Never thought to recut the frames! Will definitely be checking that out. The pictures are perfect the way they are.
            Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Really nice! I haven't been to our Habitat store in ages.
              Rolf
              RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X