Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagle

My father was diagnosed with Alzheimer's this last summer. We had to move him into a nursing home because he couldn't take care of himself anymore. He used to run a successful wood shop. He made shooting benches, picnic tables, porch swings, among other things. My cousin bought his property so we had to move all his wood out of the shop and into my garage. It's stacked up floor to ceiling with just enough room for the cats to get inside. I made this for my brother with a piece of his lumber. It's a H. Botas pattern.

IMG_5045.jpg
    Keith

That's one pretty piece of wood and a very nice cutting. The story that goes with it and your father's love for wood make it even more special. May all that wood make you feel close to him always. Hold on to those memories of him to carry you through the Alzheimers, and for many years after. The strength of an eagle....
    Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Keith you did a great job. Alzheimer's is a terrible disorder. I pray for strength for you and your family.
      Scott
      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

I agree, a beautiful piece and wonderful cutting. Years ago, my father had Alzheimer. The last six months we had him in the VA center in St. Cloud MN. His wood work shop is still in MN. I could not take it down to TN.
        Denny
        ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Keith,

I'm so sorry to hear of your Dad's Alzheimer's diagnosis. That is a real tough one.

Will be praying for you folks.

Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Beautiful piece you have crafted for your brother from wood with special meaning. I am sorry to hear of your father’s diagnosis of Alzheimer’s. We walked that path for several years with my mother. It is a disease that takes so much before it takes them permanently. Prayers said for you and your family as you deal with this.
            Melanie from East TN

Comment

That is a really nice cut and the sentiment behind it makes extra special..
              Rolf
              RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                Reply to Wood identification needed
                by Rolf
                This site should be on every woodworkers computer. https://www.wood-database.com/ As has been said the first image is Wenge....
                Today, 07:38 AM
              • handibunny
                Reply to I decided I needed a challenge
                by handibunny
                I couldn't resist (too long since any new toys) and ordered a blacklight flashlight from Amazon--same price as Harbor Freight. Should be here Tuesday--can't wait to see all the glue spots I've missed.
                Today, 07:01 AM
              • handibunny
                by handibunny
                If you google "Moradillo" you'll get more information than you'll ever need. It looks like it will work up beautifully.
                Today, 06:59 AM
              • dgman
                by dgman
                The first picture is Wenge, pronounced WHEN-ghay or WHEN-Gii. It is a very hard wood. It’s splintery and very hard to cut. When finished, it is almost black. I use it when I need a black wood for Intarsia. I do not know anything about the other wood.
                Yesterday, 10:40 PM
              • vgraf
                Wood identification needed
                by vgraf
                I have a new neighbor who did a lot of woodworking in the past but had to give it up because of allergies. He sold his shop equipment and wood stockpile when he moved here, however he kept a few pieces of fancy wood and showed them to me. The first one (First Photo) he had no idea what it was. It is...
                Yesterday, 09:31 PM
              Working...
              X