Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Work in Progress. What is with FOX publishing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
    Jim that is why there are now CD's available for past issues. To me a copier/scanner and printer are a necessary part of my tool inventory. JMO
    I have spent the money on the first 6 CD's not cheap when you also have a lot of the issues.

First 4 CD's are great. You can find the article and the patterns in the middle are easy to print out.

The CD's 5 and 6. Articles are great BUT the patterns that are in the middle are a PDF at the end that is 31 x 21. If you want just one pattern you have figure out how to get just that one only. Need good computer skills. Not easy. I wrote to the editors and they never got back to me.
    Don McFarland ​Member - Durham Woodworking Club http://www.durhamwoodworkingclub.com/

Comment

I just looked at disk 6 there is a section where the pullout is tiled into 8-1/2 x 11 sections. you still would have to print and put them together.
      I do like the way it was tiled on disk 4 better.
      Rolf
      RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Jim, you made me curious so I did a copy and paste.

This is a test of copy and paste from my MS word.

Rolf

Comment

I still don’t understand why they don’t put the patterns on disc or thumb drives. If they are afraid of them being passed around, a lot are already on Pinterest with the copyright logo on the pattern! I’m not spending money for the magazine cds I already have them. Don’t need the magazine, just would like the patterns.
          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Rolf

I do not have any section of 8 1/2 x 11.

I only have the one big document. The size is 31 x 21.5 inches. If I use poster option I can print on 12 pages. I just need one pattern at a time.

I like the way it was done in with previous DVD like 48. Each pattern is on its own, They have split the pages if large.

ssw.png
            Don McFarland ​Member - Durham Woodworking Club http://www.durhamwoodworkingclub.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
              Jim, you made me curious so I did a copy and paste.

This is a test of copy and paste from my MS word.

and this is a test paste from notepad, win10

ROFL it works today, Must have been something I did, but I have no idea what it is since after it wouldn't take it the first attempt, I was very careful to copy and paste again. Glad to see it is working.
              Jim
              Texas - The Republic
              With the exception of hand guns and Tequila, computers have caused more problems than anything else

Comment

Originally posted by Don in Brooklin On View Post
                Rolf

I do not have any section of 8 1/2 x 11.

I only have the one big document. The size is 31 x 21.5 inches. If I use poster option I can print on 12 pages. I just need one pattern at a time.

I like the way it was done in with previous DVD like 48. Each pattern is on its own, They have split the pages if large.

ssw.png
                That's weird, on my Volume disk 5, in the index I have Aticle index, Issue PDF's, and pattern pullouts.
                The pattern pullouts are broken up into 8-1/2 x 11 s

At he end of each issue is a copy of the entire pullout for that issue.
                Last edited by Rolf; 01-27-2021, 09:43 AM.
                Rolf

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X