Visitor question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor question

I received a question from a visitor. Apparently, there isn’t a way to post pictures when replying. The question was if there is a way to mount a magnifier to the DeWALT 788 saw. My answer was that I use a lighted magnifier mounted the the stand. Here are some pictures. Hopefully, he will join the forum.
    please excuse my shop, it was a busy holiday season!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dgman; 01-08-2021, 08:13 PM.
    Dan in So.Ca.

Early on I had mounted my Mag Light to my Scroll Saw Base, similar to your set up. I found it did not work all that well with my scroll saw. I found the the vibration from the scroll saw would cause the Mag light to vibrate producing a fuzzy image. I have remounted my Mag light on a bracket mounted on the wall. This set up works much better.
    cwmagee
    aka Fibber
    Producer of fancy firewood​

Comment

I have my mag light mounted on a bookcase next to the saw. I can see where mounting it to the saw could result in the light vibrating.

Comment

I agree with Skeeter and Virgil. If there is any vibration at all the magnifier will magnify the vibration. I use a mag light on both my EX-21 and Hegner and they are mounted on the counter top near the saw. Another option would be to get a mag light on a floor stand.
        Amazon.com : magnifying floor lamp
        Scott
        Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

My Hawk has a Hole in the back of the frame where I put my magnifier, for the EX 16 I have the clamp that comes with it . Neither have any vibration. Hour meter.jpg
          Rolf
          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I don't know about mounting the light, but your shop looks normal to me!
            Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Actually, I have no issue with the magnifier vibrating from the saw. It’s on a wooden cross member attached to the base. I used to do a lot of demos at the woodworking club and Woodcraft store, so I needed to have the magnifier mounted to the base. It does move around if I bump the saw or stand, but does not vibrate when the saw is running.
              Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

Originally posted by dgman View Post
                I
                please excuse my shop, it was a busy holiday season!
                You call that dirty? Pfffffft 😁
                Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

There is a difference between dirty and cluttered. Mine is on the cluttered side.
                  Rolf
                  RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                  Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                  Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                  And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

My light has been mounted to the Hegner stand since day 1, 18 years ago. No problem whatsoever with vibration. The Hegner stand is a 3 leg stand so maybe that has something to do with it. Don’t know how many legs the others have.
                    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X